[GUILD] Power of Fires

Discussion in 'Guilds' started by Vakaz, Apr 13, 2014.

1. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

Seems all the scheming happens behind the curtains.

2. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

schem·ing
    skēmiNG/​
    noun
    1. the activity or practice of making secret or underhanded plans.

3. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

The carpets sure seem unsettled by the secrecy - to a point they give in to displacement activities.

4. HisRoyalHygiene

HisRoyalHygiene Guild Leader

The announcement was made here:
    CARDHUNTER RUMORS?
    :p

But really, a few friends needed a new home. Vakaz gave me his blessing to take over the guild which I'll do until someone else wishes to do it or the big V comes back to the game.
    A couple of exciting ideas in the pipelines but I'm a bit bogged down with RL right now so I'm not going to get ahead of myself and announce anything yet.

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  5. Macizo

Macizo Guild Leader

Well i did all in my hands yo get first, like wining 20 games today, tomorrow i dont gonna play, so its all to you, we are first now.

Good luck and hace fun.

6. Vakaz

Vakaz Guild Leader

I read this post just as I was getting out of work today, and was like:

[​IMG]

visak13, CT5, Lord Feleran and 4 others like this.
  7. Lord Feleran

Lord Feleran Guild Leader

I saw the first place switching at least 3 times between us and Carpets during the last hours of Playpril. And the guild to prevail in the end was...

Power of Fires! :cool:

Biggest thanks to @Macizo for the greatest contribution! And also to 9 others without whom this victory wouldn't have been possible :)

Edit: last 3 posts before this one are all from "guild leaders" that all helped PoF to win this month :D

visak13, Macizo, Vakaz and 1 other person like this.
  8. HisRoyalHygiene

Congratulations to all Fires, and our fiercest rivals, Walking Carpets!
    Victory wouldn't be so sweet without such accomplished foes! (back-handed compliment much? :p)

Our new recruits excelled:
    @Macizo, put the "Super" in Super Mario, and got the 2nd highest guild contribution ever* with a HUGE 375 :eek:

@Jasfmpgh got 63 contribution off a measly 22 games, which, imo, is totally ridiculous. :cool:

Of course, @Old_Glory aka Mr Consistent, did a great job as always. Fun fact: He and I had the same number of games but he had greater contribution despite a lower win-rate. I call hacks! :D

Some bonus facts this season:
    We had FOUR players with 100% :cool:
    Our lowest winrate was over 2/3 games won :eek:
    No one with negative contribution :rolleyes:

Great work all, we've won the crown, now it's time to defend it! :mad:

*Not including the old days when you could get a billion points for a win

Last edited: May 1, 2016
    visak13, timeracers, Macizo and 4 others like this.
  9. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Congrats PoF, it was a well fought battle, I enjoyed the close race to the finish! And a special shout-out to @Macizo who clearly played his heart out!

However just to be clear:
    ;)

This is easily explained by playing early or late in a month. The value of wins for a guild way out in front by the end of the month drops so much compared to the beginning of the month when all guilds are close together.

ParodyKnaveBob and Macizo like this.
  10. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

Yes, I was going to point out the contribution was guild-specific as well. But nice job.

11. HisRoyalHygiene

Well, the thread is guild specific :p

12. Lord Feleran

And another first place finish! :)
    Also, our old rivals Carpets seemed so shocked of their last month's loss that they only reached 4th place this month :eek:

Edit: I counted 10 1st place finishes for PoF and 7 for Carpets thus far.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2016
    HisRoyalHygiene likes this.
  13. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

As long as we're counting, I count 6 in a row for the WC, no more than 3 in a row for PoF. :)

14. Macizo

Macizo Guild Leader

Hi,

I would thank you all for this season, we got first again!!

Now, for me its time to move on and for the next season i gonna be playing for fun, im getting pretty tired of the point pursuit. So im leaving PoF for a while, i may come back later.

Thanks to all who figth.

15. Lord Feleran

Month #24198 was born so recently, parents haven't even named it yet.
    And nonetheless PoF has already left others far behind :)
    june.png

HisRoyalHygiene likes this.
  16. HisRoyalHygiene

Great work again Power of Fires!

@Macizo said he wasn't going to be playing much this season - since when is over 400 games 'not much'? :D I think you've earned a break ;)
    @BlackSabbath came back from the dead to put in a truly solid contribution!
    Big shout out to newcomer @Whimsical who had the best win % of anyone who played more than a handful of games.
    And ninja @Old_Glory strikes again! This time he had FEWER games played, with a lower win rate and beat Whimsical in contribution... That guy really has the secret sauce! (Yes, I know there is a perfectly reasonable explaination for this but you gotta admit it's pretty cool, eh?)

Dishonourable mentions:
    @Jasfmpgh who has an overall win rate of 66% but is still afraid of playing a game :p
    @Vakaz who saved the day last month but came in with 0% of games won this season. To be fair, he only played one game... of course, it had to be a GvG :rolleyes:

Congratulations to our fellow guilds, I only played the first half of the month and up until then there were a lot of contenders for first place. I want to specially mention @Lucky Dice of Charismatic Wall Breakers because everytime I think 'oh, this player has an interesting build' they turn out to be from CWB :D

With @Macizo leaving for greener pastures, we've lost our heavy hitter. This season should be much more competitive. Will Power of Fires rise to the challenge? Or will another guild take our place? It's going to be exciting, that's for sure!

Last edited: Jun 3, 2016
    Macizo and ParodyKnaveBob like this.
  17. HisRoyalHygiene

You have been an absolute champion, all the best! And if you ever want to come back, PoF will always have a space for you!
    I know how tiring the Meta competition can be but hopefully I can catch you online to talk you out of leaving ;)

Oh, you want to talk about streaks?
    [​IMG][​IMG] :p

Well, there go the early season easy points :rolleyes:

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  18. rinco69

rinco69 Thaumaturge

Why is ThetianKnight and Vakaz missing when I check top win streaks on farbs.org???!?

19. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

no ranked games played in a good while. There should be an alltime option, that would show the true situation.

20. Macizo

Macizo Guild Leader

Well, i gonna play at least one wizard in the next weeks, trying to improve my over all game, so probably i gonna stuck in guild contributionnfor a while.