Going Away For A While?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by LeisureSuitLoli, Jun 21, 2014.

1. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

I'm back.

FDrybob, Sir Veza and Han Lee like this.
  2. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 12, 2016
  3. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

No, maybe that's because I read all the forums and you aren't Flaxative.

Lucky Dice likes this.
  4. Magic Elves

Magic Elves Thaumaturge

Might not be able to play for a while, internet is unable to handle Cardhunter. Not sure if my new computer is just not playing well with the internet, Christmas Traffic is killing me, or my internet's just gotten worse, but it's too much of a hassle to play. I'll keep trying to get on occasionally though!

5. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Was this supposed to be a compliment to me?

I'm back, by the way. I didn't advertise my absence ;) but I guess it was noticeable. Happy new year!

EDIT: why I was gone

Last edited: Jan 13, 2016
  6. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

You do manage AAs(they are pretty fun, so congrats.) which is something that would be noticed if it was gone. Also you are one of the most frequent posters and definitely posts the most of the staff team.

7. Magic Elves

Magic Elves Thaumaturge

Update on my absence: Internet has gotten marginally better, school load has gotten majorly worse. Still gonna be absent for a bit.

8. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Enjoying the St. Patrick's Day festivities in the Irish Channel, New Orleans. Be back after detox. Éirinn go Brách!

BlackVoidDeath likes this.
  9. Lucky Dice

Lucky Dice Thaumaturge

in about half an hour I'm moving to a new place without any internet connection known to me. Hopefully this will be resolved fast, as there's a huge chance I'm going to have 100MB/s from the old place, but I'm not saying it's a guarantee. If that won't work (but it should), then it's LTC... sigh. Either way, I have no idea how fast will I return. Hopefully rather fast.

10. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

I'm leaving Friday to house-sit (and tend livestock) for a friend who is having cancer surgery. I'll be way out in the sticks, with no internet or cable, and I hope to find a wi-fi hotspot within driving distance so I can at least check the shops. I expect to be gone about 2 weeks.

Potatus likes this.
  11. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

It's obviously been longer than 2 weeks. Ray had his cancer surgery on the 5th, and hasn't made it out of the ICU yet. He had a stroke Tuesday morning. The doctors can't yet tell how bad it was. Once he's able, he'll have physical therapy at a hospital closer to home. In the meantime, I'll be farm-sitting. I'll try to get internet if it looks like I'll be needed here on an extended basis. I miss the game and my fellow players.
    Good hunting all!

12. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Thanks for keeping in touch, Veza! You have been missed. I hope Ray recovers fully. Good luck to you both!

13. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

He's fortunate to have such a good friend. Wishing him all the best.

Vholes, Sir Veza, Flaxative and 7 others like this.
  14. Obernoob

Obernoob Hydra

I will wait for the next extension until I play again. I have reached most of my goals, like all Handicap Quest, max usable of all rares or 1800 MP rating, which already took me way too much time. The remaining ones, like 1 HP Quests or 24 Stars in a Quick Draw Pod I found to frustrating to really go after. I think it will take a while to get used to not play Card Hunter every day, but I hope focussing on improving my Japanese will help me to overcome that. Thank you all for a great time and see you in hopefully half a year with a new extension.

P.S. I will sometimes be online to watch high ranked players just as I still watch the Pro Tour Top 8s allthough I stopped playing Magic some years ago ago.

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  15. Magic Elves

Magic Elves Thaumaturge

Oddly enough, being out of school has left me with LESS time to play Cardhunter. I'm going on a vacation for a few weeks, I'll be back home in June, and depending on the MP maps, I'll start playing again in either June or July.

16. tghy71

tghy71 Orc Soldier

I play on a school computer. I'm turning it in today, so I have no idea when I'll be able to play again. Hopefully fall. Nice knowing everyone here.

17. ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob Thaumaturge

I can't play well anymore, and that leads to pure frustration for me. Maybe I'm too distracted with important stupid junk I have to deal with, I don't know. I just know I used to have fun win or lose, and now I barely have fun even when I win, which is becoming an increasing rarity. I can't even chase the loot fairy correctly, lol! $E^ b

I'll probably hang around now and then 'cause, y'know, you ppl are generally pretty cool and all, but I'm too out of it to even join the test server right now. Check you folks later (even if I do get some lurking in). Until then, have fun, do well. $E^ ,

BawlingBrawler and Obernoob like this.
  18. Lazy_Lobster

Lazy_Lobster Kobold

I'll pray the Lobster King for your return

BawlingBrawler likes this.
  19. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

I didn't announce my absence, but I am back now :)

20. I'd like to announce England's absence from the EU ahead of time. So I don't forget, come October.