Virtual Quick Draw

Discussion in 'Deck Building' started by Galvatron, Apr 1, 2016.

1. Galvatron

Galvatron Orc Soldier

Here is your favorite virtual Quick Draw thread.

Rules are simple, I am going to post up a typical QD match setup and each person posting in this thread will be able to participate, taking turns one after another. Each person gets to post three legit cards, just as they would show in proper QD game, then NEXT person picks a card from that list, explains choice and then that person posts his own three cards for next player. Rinse and repeat until done.

Map: Lost City
    Team Forum: Human Priest; Elf Warrior; Dwarf Wizard
    Team Enemies: Dwarf Warrior; Human Wizard; Elf Priest

Starting with Human Priest, pick one of those and explain your choice:

[​IMG] vs [​IMG]vs [​IMG]

Then post three cards of your choice that could appear in QD(so in this example there should be three handicaps) for next player. Take a note that to make things easier we don't see what enemy team is discarding, we don't complain about poor choices by others but we base our picks on what has been already chosen to make it best party possible. Of course we don't pick for enemies just ourselves. Ready? So start now!

Cheers!

Last edited: Apr 1, 2016
    Nosgoup, Obernoob, Vholes and 10 others like this.
  2. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

3. rinco69

rinco69 Thaumaturge

4. Potatus

Potatus Orc Soldier

Sundering Strike. Team heal is weak, healing blessing is slow + Sundering Strike is a good attack.
    1. Unholy Energy
    2. Boosted Heal
    3.Heal

5. Galvatron

Galvatron Orc Soldier

timeracers likes this.
  6. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

Human Priest: Inspiring Presence, Defensiveness, Sundering Strike, Unholy Energy
    Elf Warrior: -
    Dwarf Wizard: -

QD is all about drawing your best cards more often than your opponent, so I'd pick Unholy Energy. This let's your damage dealers (wizard / warrior) draw more attacks or yourself keep spamming that Inspiring Presence. (Boosted Heal would've been my second pick.)

On to Bronze cards:
    Block, Soldier! / Cautious Sneak / Cleansing Ray
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

timeracers likes this.
  7. Wandere

Wandere Lizardman Priest

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  8. rinco69

rinco69 Thaumaturge

Completely agree with this wisdom and strategy.

Inspiring presence is a powerful card and should be spammed. This is achieved with card advantage and/or shrinking the deck. With the exception of traveling curse, the only way to shrink the deck is with duration and traits. Note that unholy energy provides card advantage and shrinks the deck because of duration - double win.

Inspiring presence is hard to make work on a melee priest. Damage will definitely come from the warrior and probably from the wizard. I would want this priest to be 100 percent support.

Pawndawan likes this.
  9. Deepweed

Deepweed Thaumaturge

This would be a good standard format so the thread would be very easy to follow. Just copy-paste (via quote) each time, then edit the relevant parts.
    1. Human Priest
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    2. Elf Warrior
    3. Dwarf Wizard

Rationalization: A standard quick draw support priest should have a set of support spells that can be cast at a distance and at least one melee attack. This furthers our selection in that direction. I believe the selection of Sundering Strike is correct because in my opinion you always have to take into account the scenario wherein this particular character is left alone. In that case, you cannot win without attacks!

Next draw for 1. Human Priest
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

10. MathuranF

MathuranF Lizardman Priest

1. Human Priest
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    2. Elf Warrior
    3. Dwarf Wizard

Rationalization: I think some people are fans and some people aren't of Curse Of Fragility, but I think out of the 3 options it will likely benefit the team the most. I think of it as a paper Mass Frenzy if everyone chooses to attack the same target that turn. The Cautious Sneak will help make sure you would be out of Defensiveness range when you need to cast it, also all of the choices were magic anyways. The curse can fish out all purpose blocks anyways so that's half of the job done from Surestrike Blessing and I don't think Misguided Heal does much for this team.

Next draw for 2. Elf Warrior
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

11. CT5

CT5 Guild Leader

1. Human Priest
    2. Elf Warrior
    [​IMG]
    3. Dwarf Wizard

Rationalization: big numbers gogogogo
    (Ochop prob not great cause priest might not go in, and if priest does go in likely will have stabs (Spear of Darkness) so seems unlikely to reliably hit 2 targets with Ochop. Violent Spin is cool I guess but we have Inspiring Presence! so we def want that Mighty Hack)

Next draw for 2. Elf Warrior
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

12. Fanturluche

Fanturluche Thaumaturge

1. Human Priest
    2. Elf Warrior
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    We know our priest has no purge and will improve our drawing, so we do not want handicaps that will ruin all our attacks. And I do not feel like praying for Arrogant Armor.

Next draw:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

13. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

1. Human Priest
    2. Elf Warrior
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Rationalization: Three great movement cards, that give some insurance against Fumble, if it manages to eat our racial move card. Surging Shield Block would be the obvious choice, if we're only looking for the assigned card quality, since both Dancing Cut and Healing Dash are Silver-.

But the choice is much harder, at least for me. I'm not big fan of 50/50 blocks, and because of Fumble, it's quite risky to leave blocks on your hand for next turn. Healing Dash can be very powerful is some QD setups, but I'm putting our eggs into Inspiring Presence / Unholy Energy basket and choose the step attack.

Next draw:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

14. Potatus

Potatus Orc Soldier

1. Human Priest
    2. Elf Warrior
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

We excluded reliable mail since we need damage cards.
    Now laser strike vs pressing bash.
    1.Laser strike has more damage then pressing bash but malfunctions can kill a team if not careful + I don't like rng cards very much.
    2. Pressing bash has decent damage and can secure a vp square if needed.

Next draw:

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

15. Wandere

Wandere Lizardman Priest

1. Human Priest
    2. Elf Warrior
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

These attack/move combos are perfect for fumbling Fumble, inspiring Inspiring Presence, energising Unholy Energy aaand... setting up a Mighty Hack . :D

Next draw:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

(Is there a limit on how often we should post here? I'm running with once-a-character, I guess?)

Master Goo and Potatus like this.
  16. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

1. Human Priest
    2. Elf Warrior
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    3. Dwarf Wizard

I pick Bloodied Block.
    We still have inspiring presence so we are still going to want attacks but Laser Cutdown is over-rated and hard to get the most of when you have fumbles in your deck. Bloodied Block isn't an attack(for inspiring presence) but can surprise the opponent and guarantees success if this char is damaged.

Choice:
    Skip, Toughened Hide Strips, Bludgeon
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

I would go with once a day.

17. 1. Human Priest
    2. Elf Warrior
    3. Dwarf Wizard

Toughened Hide Strips due to some synergy with Fumble, and Dancing Cut and Penetrating Lunge should provide enough mobility already.

Choice:
    Mighty Spark, Gusts Of War, Surging Blast
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 6, 2016
  18. Galvatron

Galvatron Orc Soldier

1. Human Priest
    2. Elf Warrior
    3. Dwarf Wizard
    [​IMG]

I had a hard choice here because I usually would pick Surging Blast, especially as our wizard is dwarf and priest lacks damage but I've decided to go for Gusts of War as it can be used both in offensive and defensive way and it works with Radioactive Goo and Inspiring Presence.

And now:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

19. CT5

CT5 Guild Leader

1. Human Priest
    2. Elf Warrior
    3. Dwarf Wizard
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Dwarf HP + Inspiring Presence = :D