Your ideas for tweaking/nerfing some cards?

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by Lucky Dice, Oct 23, 2015.

1. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

card draw for melee, enemy discard for ranged? Laser parry differentiates, why not shield block.

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  2. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Shield Block is the same card quality (gold, 9) as Defender's Block, but does so much less. It would at least be worth considering if it drew a card for blocking any type of attack.
    Enemy discard strikes me as a bit too Cardotronish. Maybe use the same keep parameters as Auto Block, and card draw if it's discarded?

3. Lucky Dice

Lucky Dice Thaumaturge

/me digging deep for my threads

Let's talk about Horned Plates.

Currently nothing stands out from this. No reason to use this as opposed to Frenzy Aura on both warriors and priests.

So what I propose is... Change Melee Frenzy 3 to just... Frenzy 3. It would work in the same way usual frenzy works - +3 damage to melee attacks, +2 to ranged attacks.

(bonus points for making any sense in moving this to your wizard with Battlefield Trainings! And Warriors' ranged attacks from Mimetic things would be boosted too!)

Darkgryf likes this.
  4. DupleX

DupleX Champion of Cardhuntria

Rad burst priests would love this, especially with the good tokenless options to get it.

5. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

yeah i cant possibly support this either for the implications on all sorts of ranged shennenigans.
    Horned plates is the sundering priests friend, btw.

6. Lucky Dice

Lucky Dice Thaumaturge

Rad burst priest would have to hope the Unholy Wellspring doesn't break the armor. Besides, burffft is said to be nerfed, so...

Yeah, but Sundering Strike is the only thing that makes sense that I could think of with it. If it was a frenzy - Suddenly Rad Bolt is better, Misguided Heal is a good block check, and ROOTS HIT THREE TIMES AS HARD!

7. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

I'll agree that those two armors lack unique selling points, itemization aside. But thats no reason to go bonkers on Horned plates. Something toned down maybe, how about a one-time barbed armor effect (4dmg penetrating)? The thing got horns after all.

timeracers likes this.
  8. Lucky Dice

Lucky Dice Thaumaturge

Then it sure as hell wouldn't be gold.

I'm up for Melee Frenzy 3 and buffing ranged damage by 1.

9. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

on top of the frenzy, ofc.

timeracers likes this.
  10. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

Increase the roll to make it harder to get rid of. Or maybe make it Keep but tone it down like Arcane Shell.

11. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

hmm, yeah. 5+, simple but effective change.

ParodyKnaveBob and Magic Elves like this.
  12. rinco69

rinco69 Thaumaturge

Today's DD is Ulrin's Scuttling Socks, 3x Leap for (majortoken). If Leap were tweaked to be 5 card points instead of 6, then the socks would only cost (minortoken). The other item to be reduced in cost would be Robes Of The Crab. We should stop turning our backs on this issue with Leap. Tweaking it would be a step in the right direction.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2016
    Sir Veza and Magic Elves like this.
  13. ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob Thaumaturge

I want to say "Keep if indirect, discard and draw if direct," strikes me as a bit too much .. but then we look at Defender's cost and Auto Block's cost, and .. it seems okay maybe .. but then, Auto Block would lose its unique status .. Absorbing Block and Disorienting Block have their special stati, too .. and then there's the crazy-talk Defender's Block with the same roll as Shield Block but always draw on trigger plus defend allies.

You know what? While typing that, an idea hit me. How about this gold-quality block always draw when discarded? Not just triggered, but discarded. Startling from behind? Draw. Unnerving from the side? Draw. War Cry in your face? Possibility of another block because Draw. (Hm, that kind of cheapens War Cry, though, at least for that one block.) End of round decisions to make? Weird thing, you choose to discard it, Draw, meaning you still have to discard another card (ha unless a Free Card replaces it, like Arcane Shell or Officer's Harness); weirder, I suppose that means you could pull up a Handicap and drop it immediately. In quite a big way, this would certainly change the game dynamic and make this card unique -- and give it a similar awesome gold feel like Defender's Block.

14. SirSrsly

SirSrsly Lizardman Priest

Make Heavy Armor immovable.

Like Frenzy Aura makes your attacks penetrating, Heavy Armor makes the character immovable. Makes sense thematically, makes heavy armor playable.

Lord Feleran, Macizo and Lucky Dice like this.
  15. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

That deal is too sweet, frenzy aura isn't keep for a reason, that reason being its relatively hard to get rid of armor. You really want to end up with movement drawin elf warriors that laugh at encumber 1 and can neither be controlled nor effectively damaged by mages?

16. Lucky Dice

Lucky Dice Thaumaturge

Then at least make them harder to move, a passive effect of -1 on anything with slide/push/move, etc.

17. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

I was thinking about that, encumber in general being something more global to any sort of movement probably isn't a new suggestion.
    My initial idea to counter the good "immovable" effect was to amp the encumber on heavy armor to 2, but then i thought about all the team moves and ally control.
    If you introduce some sort of "hard to move" instead, then every attempt of movement had to overcome that quality. I was wondering why all those 4 square base monsters were as easily controled as smaller enemies anyway.

Pawndawan likes this.
  18. SirSrsly

SirSrsly Lizardman Priest

Yea I was thinking "Hard to move" initially, but figured since it doesn't exist it would be easier to ease it in as Immovable. Can also raise the quality of Heavy Armor to make it more balanced.

19. j3st3ri

j3st3ri Thaumaturge

So an idea popped into my head: What if Magma Spray literally sprayed magma? I mean that in addition to all effects it has, it would also create Lava terrain. (three tiles wide in the first row, five tiles wide in the second)

Obviously the cards quality needs to be raised significantly. I think Silver+, the same as Acid Spray, might work. (e.g. Acid Blast is higher quality than Hot Spot) Also i think nerfing the burning effect from 3 to 2 dam. should be in order.

How would this change the levels of all the items that has Magma Spray on them?

Level - Item Name
    06 - Hotglass Staff
    09 - Fiery Shard
    09 - Trog Melter
    13 - Fireblast Torch
    13 - Molten Pyromancy
    18 - Magma Spiral

Level is too high for the items below: (IMHO max lvl for items that don't have any EttSC cards is 19)

21 - Staff Of The Fire God
    21 - Xipil Ring
    23 - Eric's Elemental Confusotron
    24 - Kolt 45
    24 - Vogel's Confusotron

Perhaps Magma Spray should be changed into Fire Spray in these cases.

Would this change some items more playable and some more unplayable? Yes.
    Would this make some items too powerful? I don't think so.
    Is this necessary? No, but it would be cool :D

20. Deepweed

Deepweed Thaumaturge

Magma Spray is already a great card. I see no problem with it. Now if you thought of something for Arcane Spray...

ParodyKnaveBob and timeracers like this.