Card Text Bug Thread

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Jon, Jan 22, 2013.

1. Dorque

Dorque Orc Soldier

The card "Polearm Slash" says that it Bludgeons instead of Slashes you when you see it for the first time.
    Screen Shot 2013-02-04 at 9.33.52 PM.png

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  2. Dugrim

Dugrim Orc Soldier

Frenzy Aura is called Crushing Game when you put your mouse over an item/skill

[​IMG]

3. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

Not that it changes anything about your report . . . but I believe that's "Gaun," as in "Crushing Gauntlet." It's likely this is an older name or a misplaced card origin.

4. SurgeonFish

SurgeonFish Automaton Moderator Staff Member

5. Roshirai

Roshirai Goblin Champion

Not sure if this is the right thread for it, but...

Thickened Mail doesn't appear to make a "success" noise when it rolls above its threshold. It seems to make the "failure" noise just fine, though, which seems to happen to me a lot, given that success is on a 5+. :D

Kinda related, but perhaps intentional: I noticed today that Mail (Armor 2, Keep, 4+) is an Uncommon card, while Hardy Mail (Armor 2, Keep, 3+) is a Common. I was under the impression that rarity was mostly an indication of card complexity.. If that's the case, shouldn't those both be Common? Is there another reason regular ol' Mail is Uncommon? :)

6. Rapid

Rapid Mushroom Warrior

The "unknown actor" text appeared at the bottom of a card (when Arcane Feedback activated) that was used.

Also happened in the battle log:
    [​IMG]

7. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

Holloborn the Nimble moved.
    Vingus Stoneblessed walks
    Vingus Stoneblessed reacts!
    Â…but you are slowed by your Heavy Armor.
    Vingus Stoneblessed moved.

'but you are slowed by your Heavy Armor.' should be 'but he is slowed by his Heavy Armor.' ?

8. Sir Knight

Because of my unparalleled excellence in putting things in the right thread (cough, moving along), I hereby post:

In addition to Frenzy Aura having some holdover text as "Crushing Gauntlets," the card's description in the log says "and your gauntlets lend gruesome strength to your attack!"

9. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

Bile moved.
    EWiz_test1 moved.
    EWiz_test1 blasts a cone of arcane energy!
    Gutsy is wearing armor -
    Resistant Hide failed!
    Gutsy took 3 Arcane damage.

Arcane spray is not generating a mouse-over link in battle log like Resistant Hide.

10. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

Guardian Angel does not block terrain damage ?

left a human priest on lava with 2 GAs in hand to test proc. Didn't happen alto wording states 'if damage would kill you'. Suggest to reword as 'if attack would kill you'

11. Sir Knight

Unfortunately, Guardian Angel is a Block and nothing more. It will not trigger if you are attacked from behind, suffer Burning or Poison damage at the start of a round (or other similar damage), OR if you are damaged by terrain, just as with any other Block.

Thus, if the text were revised, it should probably say something that gets the reader to think "Block" not "magical solution to all damage, like Toughness."

12. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

Jarring Block doesn't let armor soak up damage, usually self-inflicted damage that is not soakable by armor has the added "cant' be prevented by armor" clause (or at least I have seen cards with that added rule). Also, there seems to be an issue with it "double-popping" - i e showing a quick rerun of it's animation after being triggered, which isn't a text or rules issue, but making a separate thread for "weird behaviour" is overkill :D

ParodyKnaveBob and Lance like this.
  13. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

EWiz_test1 dashes
    (unknown actor) winces; will (broken "herhis" tag) Unstable Bolt go off?
    No. Phew!
    EWiz_test1 moved.

Also missing mouse-over link for unstable bolt.

14. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

Not actually a bug but would it be wrong to give the card maze of the mind a range indicator instead of writing it on the card for some reason? Also the wording on the end of it makes it seem outdated since it tells you to discard instead of assuming it will be discarded since it lacks keep.

15. Sir Knight

Spelling on item name: Assagai versus Heirloom Assegai. The internet suggests that both spellings are correct, but you should probably pick one.

Also, if you didn't notice this exchange, there are two versions of the Treasure Shiny Baubles, one with a capital "S" and one with a lowercase "s."

16. Roshirai

Roshirai Goblin Champion

A couple of quick things that I think I can file under "card text bugs"...

1) I got the following missing message when my Priest's Altruism reaction fired off:

[​IMG]

2) There appears to be an item name mismatch here on the Possessed Banded Mail: the item is "Possessed Banded Mail", but the cards state that they're part of the "Possessed Plate" suite.

[​IMG]

17. mightymushroom

mightymushroom Goblin Champion

The explanatory text for the Burning keyword says "At the start of each turn" rather than the start of each round.

18. Zalminen

Zalminen Hydra

In Shrine of the Astral Guardians 2nd map, the enemy popup texts say Paag (Mist [null] Guardian) and Tuun (Shadow [null] Guardian).

I also received a robe called Cloak of Insinct, should probably be Cloak of Instinct.

ParodyKnaveBob and MunkeyXis like this.
  19. Dorque

Dorque Orc Soldier

Or Cloak of N'Sync.

20. Roshirai

Roshirai Goblin Champion

Hey, now. If anyone here is going to loot a Cloak of N'Sync, it's gonna be me.