IKEA, aka' It's Kinda Extremely Absurd

Discussion in 'Deck Building' started by Lucky Dice, Jan 18, 2016.

1. Lucky Dice

Lucky Dice Thaumaturge

Or Ikea because you attach and detach things from your tools. Also, the deck that I've been running for whopping 3 days. So... here you have it. After some small alterations:

Omniknight
    Level 24 Human Priest

Picard
    Level 8 Human Warrior

Rimeanthir
    Level 18 Elf Warrior

I think I'll use this thread as my personal kitchen, as I've been kinda making thread on thread.

But yeah, the general idea:

Elven Warrior - 13 traits. All of them attachable. Take that @Deepweed
    Human Priest - 13 purges and purge-like cards, as well as 2 purging strikes. Has a potential for anything that's not named "Dealing damage", "drawing" and "buffing" per se.
    Human Warrior - AoA showoff, that also uses some negative/positive traits that can be replaced.

Everybody said that it's stupid to rely on Genetic Engineering and Gene Therapy. But that's what I am here for - to show people that even stupidity has its methods.

Shoutouts to @peonprop for mentioning the Engineering in his daily deal as a possible purge.

Feel free to give me suggestions as well as ask me about stuff. I'd be happy to reply. I'm also not completely sure which two weapons (totally taking 4 major tokens) would be the best pick here, so hit me on that. So far I tried VP + Bloodchopper, Zoltan + Bloodchopper and 2 Nova Axes.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2016
  2. seth arue

seth arue Thaumaturge

Yay! Rolling with Lucky Dice has become a thing!
    Also, rather funny build here.​

ParodyKnaveBob and Sir Veza like this.
  3. Lucky Dice

Lucky Dice Thaumaturge

It might be funny, but you should see my first day with it.

Freaking 7 blitzes in a row. Without any loss. Hell, I even sparred with Pyrious and he managed to snatch 2 stars.

Off-topic thought of the post: Enchanted Mail is overcosted at emerald. It should be at the same level as Barbed Platemail.

ParodyKnaveBob and seth arue like this.
  4. Deepweed

Deepweed Thaumaturge

Try removing that human warrior and seeing if it would work. If you're going against the meta, better do it full time. Let's see how close your build gets to mine.

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  5. Lucky Dice

Lucky Dice Thaumaturge

Done~

Omniknight
    Level 24 Human Priest

Rimeanthir
    Level 18 Elf Warrior

Zorngerr
    Level 1 Human Priest

Thanks to @Pawndawan for a suggestion for the third hero, so far so good!

I tried a full-on healing priest, but it kinda failed. So I'm now wielding that thing.

Sir Veza, Master Goo, CT5 and 2 others like this.
  6. Lucky Dice

Lucky Dice Thaumaturge

Accelerated 1-1-1!

I had a thought, a question within myself, that I couldn't find an answer to. "How could you make a team with a wizard with Accelerate Time AND a warrior in the way that would benefit a warrior?" I asked @Pyrious about it, and we found out there are barely any options.

There was only one. Slippery. I admit that it's a nice thing to have, but there's one problem with it, similarly to other elven-only cards. There's only one of them per item (devs, could we have an item with 2 of these or 2 Pathfindings? Pretty please?).

Therefore, there was... nothing reliable for warriors to benefit from the good ol' Accel. However, what if you added... a Priest? Then the options are somewhat more open. You can do a wee bit more with a priest around.

Therefore I decided to make a build that would have the biggest benefits from Accelerate Time AND NOT HAVE THAT DAMNED VOLCANO. SCREW THAT CARD. NO. JUST NO.

Erm. Sorry. Back to the deck:

Winjerrton
    Level 23 Human Wizard

The wizard here is... well, your usual burning wizzie. However, you might have noticed, I got out of my 4-4-4-4-4 burning spells formula. Simply because of what Flame Warper gives me. Flame Spit is legit and all, but it's hard to have more different burning spells due to that. I have no idea how to tweak the numbers here, while still keeping the team movement I have.

Emtarant
    Level 18 Human Priest

The accelerated drawing star! I knew Gloomthirst has its uses. Here's one! Despite the fact that it seems like Accelerate time + 2 drawing traits might just make me draw out of stuff before the first move, I usually end up having more cards than my opponent does in the end. They use their purges to wipe off burning spells of the wizard or use their moves to escape the warrior. Either way, one Accel Time puts them at a significant card disadvantage.

Bonus points for punishing Blind Rage.

Curse Of Fragility is also useful. The best part of it is costing no tokens. It increases damage from everything that has a pathetic damage. Mimetic armor created cards suddenly hurt so much more, burning spells are harmful both as a spells and as the DoT.

Picard
    Level 8 Human Warrior

And the warrior is my specialty. Mimetic. Because of the lack of built-in draw acceleration aside from, what, two traits? I love Advanced Crushing since the day I bought it. It fits so well into what Mimetic stuff offer, as well as buff crushing attacks all-round! The weapons used by that warrior are amongst one of the most used by me last few weeks.

Fun fact: This build mixes my most favorite warrior and wizard - the extremely dangerous heavy-burning wizzie and a mimetic armored crushing warrior.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2016
    CT5 and Sir Veza like this.
  7. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

Have you heard of fiery stab?

seth arue likes this.
  8. Lucky Dice

Lucky Dice Thaumaturge

I didn't mention why am I using Accel Time for in addition to just drawing.

If somebody wants to burn my warrior, I accel time myself to get attacks~

9. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

I am saying that having your warrior have fiery stabs would benefit from AT(the post said that only slippery did something good when ATed)

10. Lucky Dice

Lucky Dice Thaumaturge

Yeah, but the most reliable source of these is... Blazing Shortsword. And Flaming Sword. Both of them with Combustible. So that would kinda wreck that idea with ATing burning spells on a warrior.

11. seth arue

seth arue Thaumaturge

Isn't that what Holy Presence is for?...

12. Lucky Dice

Lucky Dice Thaumaturge

It's for free purges.

13. seth arue

seth arue Thaumaturge

Thus if you AT your priest with Presence on who's next to your warrior who's Combustible, the Presence purges the Combustible ;)

timeracers likes this.
  14. Lucky Dice

Lucky Dice Thaumaturge

Happens... how often? Compared to the sole existance of burning decks?

15. seth arue

seth arue Thaumaturge

*shrug* just figured that you could position that with all the Team moves you have, then AT to Presence away, then break again. Just my opinion.

16. Lucky Dice

Lucky Dice Thaumaturge

Yeah, I feel like I'd regret having combustible. Every time I take even one my opponents suddenly have burning wizards.

17. Han Lee

Han Lee Guild Leader

Another possibility is replacing the warrior another priest with armor removal, heals, bless, and life leech.

18. Lucky Dice

Lucky Dice Thaumaturge

I named this hurt&heal, shoutouts to all these cool community games.

Omniknight
    Level 24 Human Priest

Emtarant
    Level 18 Human Priest

Winjerrton
    Level 23 Human Wizard

None of these heroes here are my best creation. I think that there has to be a better way to fit all the stuff I want to fit. At the same time, it's kinda hard to do that.

However, I love that idea.

You see, Holy Armor is an upgraded Mail. Despite what is written in the card's description, Holy Armor is Armor 2, roll 4+. And that's because you heal 1 on each proc. You heal 1 your entire team, in fact. It's worth to note that it stops ALL preventable damage. So, what's there that can be prevented?
    • Loner - Vamps know what I'm talking about. Vampire's Blade, one of the best tokenless divine weapons, let alone one of the best vampire weapons, is amazing. But I took it not for its heal-sucking powers, but because of the cycling trait that damages you in the preventable way.
    • Unholy Energy - Drawing! Damage 1 for every non-attack in your hand. Presumably you get 2 Holy Armors. That's up to 2 damage healed off your team!
    • Firestorm - IT HAS A CHANCE TO PROC TWICE! First time when you attack, and second time between turns, where the afterburn hits.
    So Wizard logically provides the third option as well as something to give us more chances to heal ourselves. That's right - 4 copies of Accelerate Time. And, alas, the burning deck.

Here's the deal though. I don't feel like having all Firestormy deck is a good idea, but at the same time I have a feel I should have more of the burning spells. No idea how to solve that problem. Wym's Lavastaff despite what I just said? Everything works with Accel time here.

These priests also don't seem like the biggest reliable thing here. Problem is in digging to the Holy Armor.

ParodyKnaveBob and visak13 like this.
  19. visak13

visak13 Ogre

the only problem with this deck is that you are drawing kind of useless cards. i suggest that you replace the wiz with a war coz the staff of immolation is weak. also the green lotus roots weren't so impressive.

20. visak13

visak13 Ogre

now i know that the wiz has acc time but still what's the use if you can't get the LoS