Card Synergies and tips

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Bandreus, Oct 10, 2013.

1. seth arue

seth arue Thaumaturge

I was thinking Adapted to Crushing, since I think D Purge is crushing, iirc. If GE gives them that, would D Purge deal 0 dmg, then its effect takes place?

2. seth arue

seth arue Thaumaturge

3. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

To be kept in mind: Your adjacent opponent turns towards the square you end Warp Run on (same as scouting run). So no moving into backs with that.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2015
    gurel2 likes this.
  4. Vlamona

Vlamona Thaumaturge

Why do they do that?

5. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

For them being affected, i suppose.

6. Vlamona

Vlamona Thaumaturge

But they are affected when you start the run. Why not turn towards the square you begin on?

7. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

Interesting point, i'll edit the original tipp to what i suppose was my experience...

8. visak13

visak13 Ogre

This post is so old. I wonder if no one came up with the following or just didn't wish to share:

Sparkling Cloth Armor + Sundering Strike + All Out Attack

OR

Sparkling Cloth Armor + Any Attack

Note: Don't move your wizard into melee range. -_-
    The above mentioned technique is only applicable for warriors or maybe priests (I guess Priests are doing good.).

Note 2: Human warriors can carry an extra AoA and can last more in battles. Also have a good range. Blah, blah, blah... Human warriors are so much underrated for their skills. I guess this combo will bring a smile on a few faces.

Note 3: Elf warrior will be dead before he reaches behind the opponent warrior.

Note 4: This tech sky rocketed my rating to around 1530 when 1500+ club really meant something. That was pre-Steam. A long time ago.

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  9. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

Maybe because its more of a card tip then a synergy. U can use Surging Shield Block for the same maneuver, allowing you a relatively safe hit: Get in your attacker's (T) back when you face each other adjacent diagonally (1) and got a unobstructed path for the jump to the square in his back (2).

[​IMG]
    If you move in that starting position, more experienced players might realize whats up. If i was in the targets shoes, i would guess a dancing cut, quick run or this very maneuver. In consequence i would consider hitting really, really hard, since i would find it likely you only got the 50/50 surging block or are waiting for your measly armor 1 sparkling cloth to be triggered.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2016
    Obernoob and ParodyKnaveBob like this.
  10. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

11. visak13

visak13 Ogre

Surging block doesn't guarantee that movement. Sparking cloth armor always gets you behind your enemies and you can heal the damage taken after the target dies in your 1st or 2nd hit.

12. Dragudo

Dragudo Kobold

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet but this works quite well in sp (doubt it will work in multiplayer)

Impenetrable Nimbus+Mimetic Armour+ Frenzy cards (Priest frenzy cards work better than frenzy aura)

Since impenetrable nimbus procs last any damage done has to go trough mimetic armor first, as long as the card does 1 damage mimetic armor has a chance to reduce damage and create either a bludgeon or spark card.

With 2 mimetic armour's as long as the damage done is 3 or more, you have chance to create 2 bludgeons or spark cards.

This allows you to do a lot of damage in a single turn as long as the character with said combo keeps getting attacked, and the enemy isn't immune to chrushing or electric damage, witch means this strategy works best against multiple groups of enemy, many single enemies, enemies that attack a lot or maps that have Security Cameras as one of the enemies

Another thing is that Leadership also works with the bludgeon/spark cards that mimetic creates, witch allows you to draw for free...ish

13. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

Sparkling Cloth Armor + Impenetrable Nimbus
    Can be a good idea when you want to delay a burning Melee user closing in on you with Sparkling Cloth in his hand. The sparkling often comes as suprise, and he would be on your toes next round when burning. But your enemy wont move if he takes no damage. So you can nimbus him and then play card like, god forbid, volcano or fireball that will affect his allies while he wont get the movement, even when hit. On smaller scale, to prevent your own burning attachement from triggering enemy sparkling cloth movement, i think you could use Armor Of Faith as well to prevent that bothering move.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2016
    Lord Feleran likes this.
  14. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

Attached Savage Curse nullifies laser malfunctions on the fly, should they arise and happen to be the oldest (only) card.
    Unlucky and Bad Luck affect all laser rolls, but Rocket Dash as well. Just in case you wanna land with a bang.
    Two things to remember about handling Path Of Knives: If you plan to move using Healing Dash, remember the healing comes first, then the PoK damage. So full health characters wont profit at all from the dash, but low health characters can recover and then get their hp reduced. The other thing are all kinds of sprints - PoK only takes the most direct distance between squares moved into account, so you use the full sprint to get around blocking terrain and still only take damage as if you teleported there.

Last edited: May 13, 2016
    Maniafig, degensquared and timeracers like this.
  15. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Healing Dash also only checks the distance between start and finish.

16. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

Negative Energy Being is among the new boosts you can get from Genetic Engineering and Gene Therapy. Since Gene Therapy heals after attaching this particular boost, the healing will immediately be converted to 3 damage. Better hope Troll Regeneration is not among potential other boosts. (fix required, @Flaxative?)
    What does this mean? Gene Therapy can be your last resort to avoid defeat, assuming you got handicapped enemies around below 3 hp. If they get Negative Energy Being, they die.
    Caribou [99K] shows Herself to be a talented healer
    Caribou [99K] drew Gene Therapy.
    Caribou [99K] applies genetic therapy to Hugh.
    Talented Healer triggered heal for Caribou [99K].
    Caribou [99K] recovered 2 HP.
    Negative Energy Being converted healing to damage.
    Hugh took 2 Radiation damage.
    Hugh died.

Last edited: May 18, 2016
    seth arue, timeracers and Maniafig like this.
  17. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

These consecutive terrain jumps still work - So if youre truely desperate or armored heavily on top of the Sparkling Cloth Armor, you can use it to move considerable distances, hop from enemy tile to tile as long as the next tile is either above your character or in the same row, but further to the right then the one you last used as stepping stone. Especially volcano has a tendency to leave you an environment like that, with lava tiles scattered all over the map.

EDIT: Same goes for the newly introduced Vengeance. And its acid resistant... with Acid Leak being another new card, the board might offer opportunities to jump around with far less dmg to your health.

EDIT2: Also note that the same idea applies when you met a "Ready To Strike" warrior.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2017
  18. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

Here a few cards you don't want to use when you got the first action in a new round - the reason being that your opponent hasn't brought out his new traits yet.

Boiling Armor (etc.) - coz a trait and then an armor draw is possible.
    Insight - Coz you might only see enemy traits cycle into wild cards.
    War Cry - Unless your attack immediately follows.
    Purge (etc.) - Coz purging a talented healer only to see him immediately reactivate talented healer and blind rage annoys.

Ofc you have to compromise a bit depending on the situation. Sometimes you don't have a turn to waste.

When having first action a round and it comes to fishing for blocks, you'll have to decide - i recommend at least not to immediately fish with low value cards for blocks, because after cycling traits, that piece of information you gained - no blocks - has become unreliable. You could however gamble when it is clear that someone is using a very cycle heavy build - and hit hard while hes holding a bunch of inactive traits instead of the real meat of his build.

19. Lucky Dice

Lucky Dice Thaumaturge

Currently, provided you have successfully trapped someone in a closed space around your character, you can use Ready To Strike to kill a Sparkling Cloth Armor or Vengeance user in one move.

You simply move him. Even if the move ends up changing absolutely nothing, like picking him up and leaving where he was with Telekinesis. After that, a roll for RtS happens, he moves. If he stands still, he gets another RtS roll.

So yeah, try RtS if you have Vengeance.

Gingrich Yurr and timeracers like this.
  20. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

Another basic synergy is Arrogant Armor plus loading up on negative traits like on Enormous Mattock Make sure you load up on attaching traits, not merely drawback traits. Also look out for Dropped Guard that would be the opposite of helpful in this build. I like to also use as many Lateral Thinking with this build as possible when running all warriors. If you're running dorfs, include Shrug It Off If you're running elves attach Warp Run footwear. If one is running priests Purge now easily gets rid of pesky negative traits. The idea behind this strategy is to plan around your negative cards to be discarded (always! no saving roll!) This makes it more likely that your gold and better quality cards will be drawn. (This strategy is called "cycling.")

Vampire Synergies:
    All Out Attack + Sneaky Bloodsuck in the back can be an unbuffed 15 points of damage and healing. That's a 30 point swing! Too bad AoA doesn't apply the doubling after the "in the back" buffs it.
    Quick Run + Fleet to get behind a character either for Sneaky Bloodsuck or just to get behind parries.
    Lifesuck Spear Cautious Mobility Elven manuevers has a chance of drawing the Lunging Strikes which are ideal for block checking as a vampire. The Scouting Run reveals the opponents hand so that when you strike with Devastating Blow it becomes game changing.
    Avenging Touch + your own characters. If your team really needs to heal and you are kept far from your opponents through control, you can just hit one of your full health other vampires with avenging touch, that character will take three damage then gain three health and the third character will merely gain three health. Add buffs and the healing is more.

Frenzy Aura or Horned Plates + Any Buff + Prowl + Any lifesteal attack= Lots of damage and lots of healing.

Talented Healer + Healing Dash + Flight + Sneaky Bloodsuck

Since Vampires like to heal alot, they're fine with losing alot of health because they can regain it. But sometimes they get dangerously low on health, that's where Lifesaving Block can be more useful to vampires than almost anyone else. The enemy will get close to finally off that pesky vampire only to have him block, draw a lifesteal card and heal back up.

Mage/ Priest Synergies:
    Curse of Fragility plus The Twins
    Accelerate Time plus Soothing Darkness

Warrior Synergies
    Ill-Fitting Armor plus Dropped Guard Dropped Guard allows you to discard the armor card that's actually inhibiting you.

Gingrich Yurr and ParodyKnaveBob like this.