3 Dorf vamps higher ELO

Discussion in 'Deck Building' started by zenmonk1, Jan 3, 2016.

1. zenmonk1

zenmonk1 Kobold

So for a while i have been tinkering with vampires trying to keep me around 1500 which for whatever reason is where I i would prefer to keep my ELO so i am playing the best players freuquently. After riding some less successful vamp builds i found my rating around 1300 :( . That is until i rode these 3 dorf vamps to 1540 or so as i right my first post in the forums. I really wanted to use the Nuchu and laser whip but it seems to be more trouble that its worth.

Notes on this more refined version, i tinker a lot and rarely feel like i have it just right, like a lot of us i am sure lol. I really like the captian cedrik's boots in the build, the flanks moves are huge for insta drains with a big non drain finish with talented healer going. Bless is just excellant and i have been happiest with it being my primary card draw. The inspirations w/the mass frenzys are for more thinning and situationally strong, and critical to get to a reasonable mass frenzy threshold. The team is obviously stronger in matches that are mellee focused. However, i have had more success against mages than i would have originaly thought.
    The purging charms i have really liked as they bumped up the vamp number a bit and gives me a few purges which have been enough so far.
    Ferocity and Cap ced's really give the vamps a pretty ideal amount of movement.

Strategy Ect......
    I find the blind rages a total non issue and don't go out of the way to prevent damage from them but rarerly as the life gain really counts. I know the vamp count individually on each dorf isn't that high, though, plenty high for opposing priest to notice your life total :)

Hope you enjoy ALL feedback welcome thanks. !

ZeroHedge
    Level 1 Dwarf Priest

MamaBear
    Level 1 Dwarf Priest

Beverly
    Level 1 Dwarf Priest

2. Deepweed

Deepweed Thaumaturge

Have you considered making one character a support hybrid for Mass Frenzy? Having 6 or more Mass Frenzy (the critical number imo) in one deck is better than having 2 on each character. The reasoning behind this is that you need only one character to draw Mass Frenzy and it is possible to draw 3 Mass Frenzies (or more) at once if you have it split across characters, and that is an unfavorable outcome.

3. Jezterscap

Jezterscap Lizardman Priest

seems pretty solid , have you tried a 3 move shield like Hawlic's Surging Shield

This would take you from 6 to 9 extra moves per deck.

4. zenmonk1

zenmonk1 Kobold

Most of the parties i ran with vamps i did the priest just like that, but have had a lot more success w/the 3 vamps. I think your chances or drawing too/many few don't change much if they are on one or several guys.
    The moves are defenitely a concern. Dont have the 3 surging shields. The Aegis seem pretty premium. Though i did add another ferocity to the 3rd dwarf. So have 3 team walks 3 Vspins. It is important to note, that the Lifesuck Spears, and the step moves help in the move department as welll. Really trying to balance everything is tough, but i think the distribution is pretty good for drains, moves, purges, and frenzies. I added a bleneth's frenzy charm for incence when i switched in another ferocity, adds a couple more frenzy spells.
    Thanks for the feedback guys !

Last edited: Jan 4, 2016