Laboratory Mayhem: CT5 and Flax's LCG NOW ON KICKSTARTER! :D

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Flaxative, Sep 27, 2015.

1. My only problem is finding a group (and time! Always time...) that would be willing to sit down and just start playing.

BlackVoidDeath likes this.
  2. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

I think everyone here can relate to that.

3. Actually, now that I think of it, there are enough people on my dorm floor that are interested in this type of gaming...

I'll share it with them when we get back from break. If there's enough interest, I'll get a copy of the game shipped over to Arizona.

4. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Radical ! :D
    Would love to hear how that goes.

ParodyKnaveBob and CT5 like this.
  5. Friendly bump =)

I'm about to go back soon, so I should have an answer to whether or not my group would be interested in play-testing. (Though I'm fairly certain the answer will be a yes)

6. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Where have I been, you might ask?

Seattle!

We demoed our game at a couple game stores, several private house events, and finally at a new but exceptionally well-organized games convention in Everett, Orcacon. We had some pretty great reception and made a lot of connections with other designers, publishers, and manufacturers. We received a lot of tips and positive feedback. There was a bit more nuance to it but basically everyone loved Laboratory Mayhem. We went from 0 players in Seattle to having a small but serious playerbase at the end of our trip, with about 25 folks on our mailing list for Seattle events. Our product is in a lot of hands up there now! If you're in the area, let me know, and I can connect you with our Seattle players and organizers.

If you enjoyed this update, be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter. :)

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

8. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

9. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Exciting news! CT5, myself, and our team are taking Laboratory Mayhem to Kickstarter at the end of the month to raise funds for full card illustrations & a proper manufacturing run. This is going to hopefully be the successful culmination of years of design, balance, and promotion. If you're in the area, come to our launch party! And if you're not, stay tuned--we'll be able to use all the support we can get!

https://www.facebook.com/events/390253061327846/

10. wereviper

wereviper Ogre

Great jobs guys! Looking forward to checking out the game! Love the way it plays out. Very unique from other games!

CT5, Flaxative and Lucky Dice like this.
  11. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

This is a week from today, folks. Anyone in the Bay Area, feel free to come by! (I can answer questions about Card Hunter too, though most of my attention will be on the Kickstarter.)

Gingrich Yurr, ParodyKnaveBob and CT5 like this.
  12. Christofff

Christofff Guild Leader

Props for having retro game consoles in the store. Bubble bobble was one of my favoruite all-time games.

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  13. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

wereviper, ParodyKnaveBob and CT5 like this.
  14. Lucky Dice

Lucky Dice Thaumaturge

you've got an easy grand in no time it seems, nicely done

15. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Thanks, though none of it matters until we hit our funding goal :)

16. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Wow, we hit 40% of our goal in the first 24 hours!!

If you want to back us: http://labmayhem.com/ks
    I think @CT5 is streaming CH right now and can answer questions about our project as well.

Don't forget to spread the word to any gamer friends who you think might be interested! You can share our exciting news on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.

day2-ks.jpg

wereviper, ParodyKnaveBob and CT5 like this.
  17. Lucky Dice

Lucky Dice Thaumaturge

make it a half now

I do think you'd handle the "face on a card" thingy worldwide tho

18. CT5

CT5 Guild Leader

Well, that reward also includes 4 sets of the game... but perhaps there could be a face only thing? :eek:

19. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

I guess in theory someone could back at that level and then not get the sets during the post-fundraising survey process ...
    :\

20. ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob Thaumaturge

Is there some kind of obscure legal reason for not sending outside the US? Or more like an obscure game-balance reason? $E^ D Maybe if someone who backed at that level wanted to also cover the extra shipping costs? Hmmmm...

And by the way!!!
    A whimsical yet very serious congratulations on being able to achieve this goal!! (Albeit in this other game. Albeit still technically waiting for funding to finish.) $:^ D $:^ D $:^ )

wereviper and Flaxative like this.