[MP] I have this deck I like, but is in no way competetive. I'd like some help fixing that a bit.

Discussion in 'Deck Building' started by Drake Arron, Dec 12, 2015.

1. Drake Arron

Drake Arron Kobold

Alrighty, so this was originally based around me wanting a zombie deck, then became a zombie- demon- conjurer deck.
    The idea seems to be that I send my warrior in, and use him to tie up the enemy as best I can, and support him from afar with the other two characters. As this was orignally a zombie/ demon/conjuerer of the two deck, I have mostly fire and acid on my mage, or "conjurer" to fit the theme, however its gotten me back from the slumps of the low 800's to the near 1000's, so I'm hoping theres some good to this idea. This works best when festering guts is there, and while IK its a bad card/item, I would like to keep it in there just for hilarities sake. I'm willing to work on a version thats more competitive and without it, though.

I also realize that this tactic would work worse against people who actually know what their doing in the higher rankings (I have seen some higher ranked battles), however I'm hoping theres some way I can turn my warrior into a slowing machine to keep them in one place in the future. If I had to, I could also use the cleric as a backup- tie- down.

Also, note, I'm not anywhere near finished with the campaign yet, etcetera, so I have a very limited item pool. Unless its especially important, try to keep them on the easy- to- get side. For example, I would probably have a bunch more firestorms in here, but I don't have any other items with them.

Alright, I think that's everything. Feel free to critisize as much as you want, but realize I'm both new, and mostly trying to have fun. I would love to become a master at this game one day, but at the moment my win- lose ratio is so bad that I need things like a zombi-demon deck to keep it interesting enough to keep me going.

Here goes-

Ronmin
    Level 1 Elf Wizard

Axequeslor
    Level 1 Human Priest

Xancol
    Level 14 Human Warrior

Thanks for any help you can give, and hopefully this isn't a complete trash of a deck.

2. Drake Arron

Drake Arron Kobold

Alright, magic elves helped me out so I don't really need that much help anymore. Feel free to comment if you fee like it though.

3. Christofff

Christofff Guild Leader

Doesn't look like trash at all, besides the overabundance of armor destruction on your wiz. MagicElves is smart so he probably gave you great advice already. I like acid spray so would drop the sulphuric staff for another staff that fits in your game plan.

Magic Elves likes this.
  4. Drake Arron

Drake Arron Kobold

Really? Glad to know I'm not a complete dunce then. Thanks :)

5. Magic Elves

Magic Elves Thaumaturge

Alright, so I'm actually looking at the deck now instead of playing against it, so I'll point out a few more things.

Wizard: I love Elf Wizards, don't get me wrong. However, unless you have a good reason for running one, usually human or dwarf wizards are better choices due to being more durable. Having less moves on wizards is also a nice thing for new players, as it reduced the temptation and ability to charge out in front with your least physically orientated character. I remember you mentioning that you'd changed a lot of the acid off for fire, so you've probably got a bit more damage now. Just remember to keep some armor removal if you're running fire, as armor's a petty strong counter to burns.

Priest: When we fought, I didn't notice your priest doing much, but looking at the deck, I'm pretty impressed. Unholy Nimbus is a very good priest armor for supporting, the weapon choices aren't bad, and the divine items are unfocused but still good. Steel Shield should probably be replaced for something else, maybe upgrading the human racial.

Warrior: My advice from the game still stands. Double-Edged is a cheap alternative to Tango Spear once you get one, and keep an eye out for Blazing Shortsword to replace Rickety Polearm. Ricochet Buckler may be a good tool for defending against wizards, but keep in mind that you'll be drawing dead cards if you're facing an opponent without wizards, somethin that there seems to be a lot of these days.

6. Drake Arron

Drake Arron Kobold

Thanks a lot for the insight! And hearing someone experienced tell me they were impressed by something I did feels great, so thanks.