Announcing In-game Moderators

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Jon, Aug 26, 2015.

1. Magic Elves

Magic Elves Thaumaturge

I'm usually all for the idea of popularity contests, but the two flaws in the plan are that the devs already have shown that they can do a pretty good job of picking moderators, and that the most popular choice for moderator (me) is, in fact, already a moderator.

2. Lucky Dice

Lucky Dice Thaumaturge

Yeah, what I meant is that people, first and foremost, see who's doing good, who could be a good mod, etc.

BlackVoidDeath likes this.
  3. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

Re-read what I said in my post (or below) to counteract your first point.
    And I cant tell if you are being sarcastic for the second, if not then I can add to what i'v said a

Yeah, so like what I said.

4. Stexe

Stexe #2 in Spring PvP Season

I think users should be able to suggest someone, but it shouldn't come down to popular opinion on choosing who actually becomes a moderator. We do need someone for late, late night (3 AM to 7 AM Eastern). I'm on then, but I'm really spotty when it comes to actually checking chat and discussing. I'm usually only actually on for 30 minutes to 1 hour a day. That doesn't seem like a lot compared to some other people.

Maybe just having a thread people can bump when the chat room becomes unwieldy would be nice. I was using this thread but it looks like it is more about discussing stuff now.

BlackVoidDeath likes this.
  5. Inkfingers

Inkfingers Thaumaturge

I actually disagree with the voiced majority here - mods are people chosen to be representatives of BM, not the community of players. Think about it: if a mod does poorly, who does that reflect badly on? Not the community. No, it falls on the games owners. The community is not something that can be held responsible for the mods actions. Thus, they should not pick them.

Maniafig, Dieben, Wandere and 2 others like this.
  6. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

I may have not stated that clearly: we can make a poll and the dev's get to see who WE think should be mods, but of course the end decision is up to them.
    My suggestion was only to give the dev's an idea of who WE THINK should be a mod.
    That is actually a good idea.
    Also as well as yourself, I am almost always logged in nowadays but unlike you I play at random - ranging from 1 to 6 hours a day. (and/but rarely 8-10)

7. Kablizzy

Kablizzy Orc Soldier

The reason my vote is in for more mods in the channel currently.

Edit: Also, perhaps tying accounts to an active E-mail with verification, or IP banning tools might help.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2015
  8. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

We hear you and will start looking. We won't run a poll though.

9. Kablizzy

Kablizzy Orc Soldier

Our friend is back today. Get your body-handlin' gloves on, Mods. =)

Edit: He's being rather quiet, though. Says he was just looking for Scarponi to settle their "beef".

Last edited: Dec 14, 2015
  10. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

11. Kablizzy

Kablizzy Orc Soldier

More minor saltiness in the chat, if any mods are nearby.

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  12. Inkfingers

Inkfingers Thaumaturge

I see you.

ParodyKnaveBob and gulo gulo like this.
  13. DupleX

DupleX Champion of Cardhuntria

This is the third time I've seen this person back ban evading...

14. ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob Thaumaturge

Either trolls cursing, casting slurs, talking blatantly about sexual acts, riding mods, etc., or just one troll with multiple accounts going. Some people need real hobbies.

Sir Veza and Wandere like this.
  15. Han Lee

Han Lee Guild Leader

Must be a new way to drive players to forums for support where they can subject them to the advertisements we see these days

Sir Veza and Macizo like this.
  16. I'd say the devs did a pretty good job picking mods if I only felt the need to block 1 of them.

17. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

Darn it, I was being on my best behavior as well. Oh well, can't win them all.

Sir Veza, 40c_rudy and Han Lee like this.
  18. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Mod speak can't be blocked.

19. Then possibly there is a bug where-by they were blocked from before they were a mod because I have never, ever seen this person say anything in chat in the 8 months-year they've been blocked, but I've seen people talking to them.

20. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Mod speak is the purple, official mod chat text.