Announcing In-game Moderators

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Jon, Aug 26, 2015.

1. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

One of them is "how do I play coop" and the answer is "you have to beat the tutorial first" ... another is about the (distressingly common) bug where tutorial completion doesn't actually unlock the keep/other adventures, and you need to relog.

timeracers likes this.
  2. seth arue

seth arue Thaumaturge

Hm, yes, that bug.....heard about that, and it's a good point. Another question: how would one know Co op exists until it's mentioned? I sure didn't know it existed until Gary mentioned multiplayer.

3. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

*shrug* It's something we advertise about the game.

4. Stexe

Stexe #2 in Spring PvP Season

I was talking about some email notification. I guess bumping this thread would be a good way to get mods noticed since I assume they're all subscribed to it.
    It wasn't just one person with multiple accounts. It was actually two people (one with multiple accounts and another playing off of the troll... that is unless the multiple account person was using an account that had played games and been around for a while). I do like the idea that Xayrn and you propose. That would really help fix a lot of issues and I know a lot of games, like League of Legends, have done that to combat toxic spam.

Why not lock until renown is a low number like 2 or 3?

Kablizzy and seth arue like this.
  5. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Well seeing as how the mods are unpaid volunteers, I'm not sure that a system to get a hold of them while they're away from the game to ask them to get to a computer and log into a game to deal with chat issues would be appropriate. If mods are already in the game, by all means track us down, we're willing to help... but chat moderation is entirely a gratuitous effort made by the mods, not their job, they are simply players helping out. They are in no way compensated for their efforts. (And fwiw, when I say a gratuitous effort my goal is to toot my fellow mods' horns, not my own. I've never been very active in chat and haven't had time to play much of late, so really at the moment I'm not doing much of anything gratuitous or otherwise).

PDXTai, Sir Veza, Pengw1n and 6 others like this.
  6. Stexe

Bump

7. Magic Elves

Magic Elves Thaumaturge

Quick question, but it's been about 4 months since we started this whole moderation thing, and I'm curious if you think we're doing a good job? Feedback's always appreciated.

8. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

I think you've done an amazing job. Me....not so much.

9. Stexe

Seems like it has been working okay. More as a deterrent than actually needing mods to do anything. There does seem to be a decent gap of time early in the morning where no mods are usually on (4 AM to 7 AM Eastern). I posted the bump in hoping to get someone to notice since there were 3 or 4 trolls spamming and harassing people at the time.

10. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

Which time zone? UTC?

Last edited: Dec 8, 2015
  11. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

Ummm....the Eastern time zone. Or EST.

12. Kablizzy

Kablizzy Orc Soldier

Not bad, although I'd agree that there are no mods on usually when I'm online (Midnight to 6 AM EST). I'll throw my hat in the ring and provide my moderating/admin history if you guys want to consider another volunteer, as I'm on pretty much every night during that time.

Sir Veza likes this.
  13. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Maybe Stexe as well. I mean, when isn't he on?

14. Stexe

I'm not a huge fan of the [mod] tag next to the name. Maybe if I could just speak in purple at all times, that would be cool.

And I logged off yesterday for a few minutes! :-P

BlackVoidDeath and Sir Veza like this.
  15. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Alternate mod-account for when you need to appear official, maybe?

16. Stexe

I'd do that. Just to use it to stop the most obvious trash talking spamming people. It rarely happens, but you never know.

17. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

Suggestion
    I dont know if I should make a thread about this or just discuss it here but here it is:
    Could we have a few more moderators added to the list, but have the community decide on who gets to be mods?
    Make a straw poll and give us one or two votes on who should get to become a mod - I think that since the players use world chat more than the dev's, we should know who should moderate the chat (for instance, players who help others or answer questions frequently probably encounter the most issues/bad behaviour aswell).
    If people (and more importantly the Dev's ( @Jon @Flaxative ?)) like this idea then:
    Either I can create a thread in which players can throw out names and then create a poll in the same thread later on, OR the dev's can do thus in the Announcements forum (which I dont have access to).

18. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

No more popularity polls, please.

Magic Elves and Stexe like this.
  19. Lucky Dice

Lucky Dice Thaumaturge

I think it's a terrible idea to not give community any choice.

20. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

Why not?
    Uhhh.... so is that a no or yes? (guessing yes? unless you are being sarcastic)