[Guild] Intro to CH Guilds

Discussion in 'Guilds' started by neoncat, Feb 18, 2014.

1. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Fewer active guilds this week. Sad to see Back Stabbath go; I hope they come back soon.
    Will be interesting to see if @neoncat or @Farbs introduce raids/guild activities in the coming weeks.
    Really looking forward to seeing some more activity!

[​IMG]

2. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Oh, now I'm finally on the list? But I don't think I played any sort of MP last week. (Checks.. okay, my last MP game was exactly a week ago.)

Oh well. I'm #19! I'm #19!

Sir Veza and Flaxative like this.
  3. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

@Farbs changed stability to require activity within 10 days. :)

4. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Back with my biweekly guild stats...

[​IMG]

I'm just going to point out, the guilds have been feasting on knaves. Average guild rating has gone up 130 points or so over the last week.

EDIT: updated chart to reflect Double Rainbow's and 99Knaves' recruitment binges :)

Last edited: May 30, 2014
  5. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Fewer active guilds this week, but ratings are still high and some guilds are growing!

[​IMG]

6. Angarrr

Angarrr Kobold

CT5, Flaxative and Sir Veza like this.
  7. Sir Red

Sir Red Kobold

The Crazy 88, if we don't slice you, we get sliced in style

ParodyKnaveBob and CT5 like this.
  8. DunDunDun

DunDunDun Thaumaturge

Guildless
    Tagline: "Cookies & Co-Op. We've basically already won this guild thing, you may as well join us."

9. snickersimba

snickersimba Goblin Champion

I really would like to see the 420 guild be removed from the game, Every time I see usernames/clan names like that in games, I cringe at the sheer lack of brainpower that went into it. Eh well, Its just my opinion, don't hate me for wishing the dumbest guild name in existance was not around

10. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

. . . . .

DunDunDun, Stexe and Han Lee like this.
  11. Han Lee

Han Lee Guild Leader

=_____________________________=

Stexe likes this.
  12. snickersimba

What? Its my opinion, I said it as best as I could, I just feel that the name was chosen poorly and makes me cringe. I expect something like that in CoD not a classy indie D&D game.

13. Stexe

Stexe #2 in Spring PvP Season

Why so judgmental? The people in the guild itself might be childish, but the guild name is not inherently childish.

14. snickersimba

Erm, you have it reversed stexe. The guild name IS childish but the people might not be. I was not throwing mud on the players themselves, I was aiming at the guild name only, if I offended you or anyone else, I am sorry, I just feel that it would be better served being replaced with a name more suitable for this game.

15. Rodick

Rodick Kobold

As i am on this forum and game it self, for a small amount of time i can see that you are kinda childish! :D

Stexe likes this.
  16. snickersimba

Well, I am under eighteen, so I am allowed to be. I more or less am simply stating that its not related to card hunter or thematically apropriate to the setting. I hold nothing against the owners of the guild or the members

17. DunDunDun

DunDunDun Thaumaturge

Whoever told you that, did you a great disservice.
    The quality of someone's character is determined by their actions, not their age, gender, race, et al.
    Leeway is given for HONEST mistakes, for not having EXPERIENCED as much-
    Not for intentionally behaving poorly.

When you do something without thinking the consequences through, without caring about the consequences, or in an attempt to indulge bad behavior, you're not going to get people excusing you for youth, you're going to get people acknowledging that you- regardless of your age- are simply not worthy of respect.

All that said- and mostly still directed toward your earlier conduct- the fact is, the META is NOT directly part of Card Hunter, so your point about it being thematically appropriate is somewhat moot :p
    But , really, how is a set of numbers not thematically tied to anything and everything?
    Where interpretation is manifold, one gives credence to the best possible outcome, unless deliberate conduct by the originator suggests another interpretation ought be had.
    Also, judging people by their casual, inoffensive, wholly personal hobbies is really off- and furthermore, fantasy settings are just as likely to have such activities available and freely partaken of.

Flaxative, Stexe and Han Lee like this.
  18. snickersimba

how about we drop it because I mostly am saying its a dumb name and everyone is freaking out over my opinion, its not even something you should be concerned about

19. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

It might be nice to have some sort of batch guild removal/an expedited system to disband a guild if a principal wants to go solo/join another guild. It's very time intensive as of now.

Just a thought.

20. Derek

Derek Orc Soldier

The "detailed explanation of guild" link in the OP doesn't seem very detailed... Can someone explain all the hoopla? I really want to join a guild!

Edit: I should be more specific. I understand the initiation process well enough, and the general concept of guilds/this meta. I just want to know more about the point scoring and how guild related games/ranking intertwine with your MP games/ELO (if they do at all?).

Last edited: Dec 7, 2015