Aloyzo's Arsenal Official SUBMISSION Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Flaxative, Nov 19, 2015.

1. DunDunDun

DunDunDun Thaumaturge

Damage on encumber effects tends to be valued more highly. Add in something like specialized purging, and you've got a much more valuable card.
    I'd say Emerald, easily.

2. Stexe

Stexe #2 in Spring PvP Season

Okay, how about this... a cold staff with vampire cards and Muscle Through ... maybe with a bit of tongue magic too. That should be an instant win, right?

In all seriousness, I think a non-gold token cold staff, a tokenless cold arcane item, or a cold robe has the best chance of winning. Those are huge gaps missing in cold items. If you want a chance of winning I'd say design around those, but that's just my opinion.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2015
  3. Mama Mia

Mama Mia Hydra

Vholes likes this.
  4. Dieben

Dieben Lizardman Shopkeeper

A seedy looking gnarl catches Magic Elves' attention as he sneaks closer. Observing that he is alone, Elves waits until the adversary draws close before drawing their weapon. The gnarl yips briefly and raises his paws before slowly lowering one to retrieve an envelope and proffering it to Elves. Not trusting a random gnarl, Elves declines to take it. Eventually, the gnarl shakes his head and sets the envelope on the ground before scampering away. No longer suspecting treachery, Elves opens the envelope and finds a letter within.

Inkfingers and seth arue like this.
  5. Vholes

Vholes Thaumaturge

Shh! People are going to catch on to our Slipper Hunter spinoff plans!

6. billiska

billiska Ogre

Rocky road is definitely delicious, I approve. But I'm actually mildly allergic to cow's milk, so I'll have to vote for sherbet.

7. Lucky Dice

Lucky Dice Thaumaturge

Flash Freeze sure seems like a popular name...

Stexe likes this.
  8. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

D'OH! Sorry 'bout that, @Jezterscap . I'll pick a new name. Done, I hope. I didn't check all the names. Yes, it's because I'm lazy.
    Nah, we'll never figure it out. Give my regards to Cinderella and PC.

Vholes likes this.
  9. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

What did I do now?

10. billiska

billiska Ogre

I don't think you need a new name. Flax is unlikely to pick 2 items this month anyway.
    EDIT: I like the new name better.

Sir Veza likes this.
  11. Dieben

If anyone is interested, I would appreciate a critique of my entry on page 1.

12. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

I got one word for this: Useless. Great theme though. So we have 0 traits and what do we get instead Cooling Laser, useful but doesn't beat a trait, Cold Snap I don't know why you would use that instead of a trait, and Adapted to Cold which not only does it not draw you card it also takes a turn to activate for what an immunity which likely will not stop a single damage.

13. Steinhauser

Steinhauser Lizardman Priest

None of those cards goes on arcane items. The devs said somewhere that they don't want long-range attacks that deal more than 2 damage on arcane items. The only exception I know is Kolt 45.

As for Adapted To Cold, it's not a trait, so it's usually just a dead card. Those Adapted To cards are not balanced for items, as explained by Flax during the halloween AA video.

Edit: Nevermind, I thought it was a different item type, but what timeracers said is accurate.

14. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

I think adapted to cold (as cold-related trait) is a neat idea, even when its function will be next to irrelevant unless cold mages clash.

Would love to see more cold snap and there have been some interesting submissions with it, but everything has such high tokencost... especially with cold magic i think the low end needs the tweaking.

15. Dieben

Honestly thought adapted was a trait. Revising. Thanks for catching that.

16. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Adapted To Fire would also fit the theme (your cold magic is cancelling the fire magic) and it would be more useful, but probably not useful enough for MP (a good burn mage will have a deck designed to hit you with three attachments).

17. Dieben

As much as I might wish it to be different, none of the "adapted" boost cards have the trait keyword.

There is basically jack for relevant slot-legal trait boosts.
    Almost tempted to put combustible and slippery on there with cooling laser.

18. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Replacing Adapted To Cold with a negative trait would drop it from (majortoken) to (minortoken). I don't know if that would fly on an arcane skill, but it might. Having those two attacks really gives it a cold theme. Cooling Laser is definitely more desirable than a cycling trait, and Cold Snap can be about equal. Using two cycling traits would make it more powerful, but possibly too powerful, and would also water down the theme.

19. Stexe

Stexe #2 in Spring PvP Season

There are Arcane Skills with Handicap traits (Defensiveness) so it is feasible.

20. Han Lee

Han Lee Guild Leader

I would love some feedback on my item ^^ it's really geared towards mp.