Release 3.90 (18 Nov 2015)

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Jon, Nov 17, 2015.

1. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

I'll find it when I find it. And if I don't, I don't. I'll still be a fairly-below-average player with or without it.

Sir Veza likes this.
  2. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

Etched Sparkstaff & Sword Of Loud Thoughts follow the same logic as Copper Spear.

3. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

That actually looks like a bug in the rarity calculations to me. That said, I think we should probably leave this item as a legendary, given that it has been released at that rarity.

4. Well, you heard it here first. We have the first exception to the rarity calculation.

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  5. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Major bummer.

6. Jon

I blame Visual Basic.

ParodyKnaveBob, Farbs, Jayce and 4 others like this.
  7. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

How many times has the item (Hu La Houp's Vicious Circle) been looted? How many times bought (from Randimar's Rarities)? I guess not many times. Especially if the item hasn't been yet bought by anyone, I don't see any reason (in player's perspective) to leave it as a legendary.

Too bad, that the open test version of this build was open so short time that nobody caught the rarity bug earlier in the test server.

timeracers and billiska like this.
  8. Jon

I really don't want to drop the rarity on an item that has been released, even for a short time.

Sorry about this, there was a bug in that code that hadn't been found as it had never been exercised (there's no similar item in the game).

wavy likes this.
  9. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

If the rating is a bug, I recommend fixing it as a matter of principle. This should apply whether anyone has acquired one or not. But that's the old curmudgeon talking, and it's your call.

Merdis, ParodyKnaveBob, Reint and 3 others like this.
  10. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Maybe a compromise... (since between Sir Veza and my votes alone it appears it wouldn't even be in the game if we knew it was going to be legendary), could some time soon it be made available in a shop so that those who are collectors can get it in a more feasibly reliable manner - maybe when the winter item shop is added?

11. ClanCrusher

ClanCrusher Hydra

*Plays for about ten minutes and finishes the content*

Well that was fun. Got anything else? :cool:

12. billiska

billiska Ogre

What sort of hypnotism were you under when you decided to have anything to do with Visual Basic...

No seriously, I'm interested in what situation leads you to that... as someone who has no experience in 'real' programming job but might one day have to be forced to do something with Visual Basic.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2015
  13. Jon

We keep a lot of our data in spreadsheets and Excel was an obvious tool for managing those spreadsheets. If you use Excel, you end up using Visual Basic.

We probably wouldn't do that again.

ParodyKnaveBob, Sir Veza and billiska like this.
  14. Jon

I don't see why not. Please remind us about this when the winter shop time rolls around (not long now).

15. Magic Elves

Magic Elves Thaumaturge

Prediction: Devs mess up and accidentally reskin the hoop as a new holiday legendary for winter, so that collectors now have TWO new legendary items to collect.

16. seth arue

seth arue Thaumaturge

Yes! A Vicious Wreath!

ParodyKnaveBob and Wandere like this.
  17. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

You know what you could do, you could change the item from
    "2355,Hu La Houp's Vicious Circle,Vicious Circle,Legendary,19,1,39,2,2,Violent Spin,Berserk Spin,Berserk Spin,Berserk Spin,Berserk Spin,Berserk Spin,,,,,Weapon,,AA10,,3,," to
    "2355,Hu La Houp's Vicious Circle,Vicious Circle,Legendary,19,1,39,2,2,Violent Spin,Berserk Spin,Berserk Spin,Berserk Spin,Berserk Spin,Berserk Spin,,,,,Weapon,,AA10,,3,Epic,"
    PS: I would have voted for the Epic

18. Deepweed

Deepweed Thaumaturge

That sounds rather unfortunate. I had two at one point and just sold the other for the lols.

19. wavy

wavy Thaumaturge

I must admit that I'm not too bothered about the rarity - it's just another item to collect after all. If I ever manage to get at least one of every item in the game then I'll be much less inclined to play.

Maybe for SP players like me, adding higher rarities gives longevity to the game.

ParodyKnaveBob and Flaxative like this.
  20. Dieben

Dieben Lizardman Shopkeeper

A "Huladay Wreathe" is too perfect to pass up.

Please make this happen.