"Unknown Actor" succumbs to an arcane curse

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Dwedit, Oct 31, 2015.

1. Dwedit

Dwedit Goblin Champion

In the battle log, whenever Arcane Curse triggers, it displays "Unknown Actor" succumbs to an arcane curse. Can we fix this already?

Last edited: Nov 1, 2015
    seth arue likes this.
  2. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

Will fix. This also affects Arcane Feedback.

3. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

This is probably because there is noone stupid enough to keep these cards - last case scenario the average player would use the cards on an ally. :)

4. Dwedit

Dwedit Goblin Champion

It's not so much about if you're stupid enough to keep them, sometimes you've played all your other cards, and are left with just that card in your hand. Often those are decent picks in Quick Draw. Often times, Arcane Curse ends up being the only card left in your hand. And Arcane Feedback is such a weak drawback effect that it's often not worth throwing it at an ally.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2015
  5. BlackVoidDeath

I dont play QD anymore, but when I used to I remember that picking a non-trait black card is very bad because it is pretty much a dead card while it could have been something like Defenders Block or Powerful Hack.

6. Obernoob

Obernoob Hydra

Dwedit is right. Most of the times I keep Arcane Feedback to not redraw it. 1 damage for drawing a card is a pretty good deal. The same is true for Weak Strike, if I do not need it to check for blocks. Or weak paper cards.

7. BlackVoidDeath

Fine, what was/is your win - loss ratio?
    When I run heavy trait (which I almost always do) I get 3 or 4 wins.

8. Obernoob

Obernoob Hydra

Playing one and winning one.

I dont say that it is a great strategy. But sometimes you are happy to have the choice of taking one damage per turn instead of discarding permanently to Fumble ot never move because of Trip.

Btw. this is a topic I wanted to discuss for some time. I sometimes run into situations were I have no idea what to pick, like having to choose between Trip, Fumble and Fright.

9. BlackVoidDeath

Oh right sorry, I forgot that there were also awful black traits like Fumble - I mean I always play black traits unless they are things like Trip, Fumble, Fright and Large Weapon.
    I suggest you list all the black traits and then people can post their reply in a column like from best pick to worst in their opinion.

10. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

That should probably be in it's own thread, like this one from @Jade303 .

11. BlackVoidDeath

12. Obernoob

Obernoob Hydra

Ok, I dont always play one and win one. Today I got killed by two attacks which both bypassed a Parry and a Jump Back. *Knocking head on the desk* There died my combo with Adaptable, Healing Spells, Travelling Curses and Demonic Power. :(

BlackVoidDeath likes this.
  13. BlackVoidDeath

I got nothing to say to that :p