[Poll] Alozyo's Arsenal November Community Choice

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Flaxative, Nov 2, 2015.

?

Which of the following items belongs in the game?

Poll closed Nov 9, 2015.
  1. Magic Elves's Pressing Problems

28 vote(s)
    26.9%
  2. Phantom_Sun's Barbaric Helmet

13 vote(s)
    12.5%
  3. Brobat's Main Gauche

8 vote(s)
    7.7%
  4. Lucky Dice's Hu La Houp's Vicious Circle

29 vote(s)
    27.9%
  5. j3st3r's Colichemarde

7 vote(s)
    6.7%
  6. Vakaz's Ranger's Hood

3 vote(s)
    2.9%
  7. Vholes's Matador's Cloth

3 vote(s)
    2.9%
  8. Hello World's Bouncer's Gloves

5 vote(s)
    4.8%
  9. Hidden Jaguar's Purificator

6 vote(s)
    5.8%
  10. Juxtapostion's Master's Rapier

2 vote(s)
    1.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seth arue

seth arue Thaumaturge

Barbaric Helmet does seem interesting, too, and it got 3rd, so good job there @Phantom_Sun .
    Maybe we'll see you resubmit this when Aloyzo permits it again!

Sir Veza and Magic Elves like this.
  2. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

I cant believe that if only I had changed my vote, it could have been tied.

3. Vakaz

Vakaz Guild Leader

Mmh, I think I'd prefer a totally hidden vote. Seeing other user's votes -and- being able to change them makes it more of a 'how quickly can an item accrue votes?' contest, since players will avoid "wasting" their votes on items that don't look like they'll win.

40c_rudy and j3st3ri like this.
  4. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

I think it is better if people wait to change votes til about 2 days til the poll closes, so votes will have enough time to accumulate.

Ian likes this.
  5. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

You could see who voted what? I tried to disable that...

6. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

Well it didn't work, lol.

7. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

We couldn't see who, but we could see the vote tally.
    I think I like it better this way. It's sort of like an election with a runoff.

8. Dieben

Dieben Lizardman Shopkeeper

It is better in my eyes that we NOT know which candidates are in the leading positions. Such information biases subsequent voters as there is a subconscious desire in all people to vote for the 'winning' group. This results in a "first-past-the-post" phenomenon resembling what occurs in many American political spheres. This is similar to Duverger's Law .

TL;DR: People want to vote for candidate A, but are dissuaded since they can see it is low on votes so they vote instead for candidate B. This way, their vote counted in their mind even though it is no longer reflective of their actual opinion.

40c_rudy likes this.
  9. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

There's no way to hide the % on the polls on this forum software. I COULD do 2 things in the future: one, make it so you can't change your vote; two, make it so you can't view results until after you've voted. I bet some trolls would still post the results in the thread & talk about who's winning :)

Anyway, there won't be another community choice for a while, so the point is a bit moot. We're all happy with Lucky Dice's item, yah? :D

10. BlackVoidDeath

Hey Flaxy, if the scores were tied, then who would you have voted for?
    Magic Elves's item or Lucky Dice's?

11. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

I don't know, should I say?

Sir Veza likes this.
  12. Dieben

I dunno, my pitchforks and protest signs are still selling like hotcakes outside a fasting clinic.

seth arue and BlackVoidDeath like this.
  13. Lucky Dice

Lucky Dice Thaumaturge

Why, if I may ask? It's a really good thing, when we can impress people and they can express it... and it has sort of a meaning. Likes are great and all, but an item won't be added to the game just because it got so many likes.

BlackVoidDeath likes this.
  14. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Because one item a month was the original intended pace of this contest's addition of items to the game. Doing the poll for October was necessary to quell forum rage but doing it for November was an unnecessary generosity. Hey, I like items as much as the next person, but Jon and I are putting the brakes back on.

Sir Veza, Melancthon and billiska like this.
  15. BlackVoidDeath

Gotta say, my guess is that if you dont make another poll next month, @Dieben 's pitchforks and protest signs will start selling even better, he might even add torches to stock!

seth arue likes this.
  16. Lucky Dice

Lucky Dice Thaumaturge

Buy a pitchfork and torch bundle, get a witch free!

Sir Veza and BlackVoidDeath like this.
  17. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Ok.

18. BlackVoidDeath

Didnt mean to make it sound threatening, sorry, but this is what I seriously think will happen - the only reason why there was no rage this month was because everyone layed their hope on the poll.

19. Dieben

The torch will be for the witch wizard class, as will the Molotov cocktail. I don't sell people, just products. Nothing in life is free except for proverbial window-shopping.

On a completely tangential note, one thing I would like to see is a boost card that makes you count as an additional person for effects like loner, mob attack, swarming attack, etc. Along a similar vein would be a boost/handicap hybrid card that makes you count as 2 additional characters for those effects, but also multiplies damage from burst and line effects accordingly. Would provide an interesting risk and reward dynamic as well as present a new strategy with a realistic counter.

Thanks for everything you do, especially putting up with our collective shenanigans.

20. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Really? Everyone seemed happy with the item I selected. And even if there were some ragers, I've come around and accepted that it is not my job to prevent rage =)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.