Your ideas for tweaking/nerfing some cards?

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by Lucky Dice, Oct 23, 2015.

1. Stexe

Stexe #2 in Spring PvP Season

Would be interesting to test, although I think Stone Feet might combo with it then. Imp Nimbus would just be better if it only worked in the front. Would give more reasons to flank and for important positional play.

Robauke and Lucky Dice like this.
  2. haesslicherBob

haesslicherBob Lizardman Priest

Now that is a fine suggestion.
    Impenetrable Nimbus would still be effective in single player. Positioning in mp would allow to circumvent it, nevertheless. This suggestion deserves a thread on its own.
    Nimbus haters unite. ;) *grabbing my pitchfork*

Lucky Dice likes this.
  3. Stexe

I've suggested this multiple times for almost 2 years in multiple places (even a place just for it and a few other balance tweaks). No such luck.

4. seth arue

seth arue Thaumaturge

Wouldn't nerf ing buffs just be essentially making Purge (and all Purge effects) a lot more useless? Why run Purge then when you could just Fly around that Nimbus? (Ala Nimble Strike)

5. Stexe

It would make Purge weaker, but right now Purge is almost mandatory. The game should encourage decision making and strategy, not "do I have X to counter Y then I'll use it." Interesting play is a lot more important. Yes, NS would be even stronger with that change, but only if you're at point blank range. For bigger hits like with Bejeweled you'd have to plan to take advantage of facing, which is a lot more interesting than simply waiting and doing nothing until Imp Nimbus ends or purging it when it goes up.

6. Jezterscap

Jezterscap Lizardman Priest

I think nimbus is fine although annoying.
    What isn't fine is the amount you can get , especially 2 for a minor token.
    Maybe increasing it to gold would help. Making shielding token a major power token.

seth arue likes this.
  7. Stexe

The way the game is currently designed would mean that would change a lot of other items level and rarity and possibly token costs. Not that feasible.

How many "exception to cards contained" items are there? Any?

8. seth arue

seth arue Thaumaturge

Just as feasible to bump rarity of Nimbus as it is to nerf it. If Nimbus got nerf, it'd lower it's value, quite possibly changing it's rating code, as well.

9. Stexe

Why? At its current rarity it is one of the best cards in the game...

10. Han Lee

Han Lee Guild Leader

Leap desparately needs some love imo. Maybe change it to triple jump (move one, move one, leap!) xD

11. Stexe

Leap could use some minor love. Not sure that's the best way to do it though because it is a bit complicated and I don't think there is any card that already has a multi-step movement, which means new tech might be needed.

I'd wish the items with Leap were at least renamed (it used to be Scuttle but was super weak for what it was). Unless in Cardhuntria Lizards and Crabs are leaping all around.
    - Ulrin's Scuttling Socks
    - Lizard Hide Boots
    - Robes Of The Crab

12. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

Lateral Thinking has lost his USP with the purge changes, it could be reworked into a static warprun (dettaching everything for the user), while keeping the card draw.
    I think it would be still in flavour and close in on "shrug it off" while still being different.

13. Stexe

Good point, but it might still be too similar to Shrug it Off. I'd actually favor replacing it entirely with something. Maybe "draw 2 cards, discard 1 of them" or something? Would keep with the human theme more too. It would be like a weaker version of Inspirational Thinking (draw 2 instead of draw 3). Although I think Inspirational Thinking is probably overvalued as an Emerald.

14. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

We're not going to add more card draw so this is right out. Lots of decent ideas in this thread, though, even if many have already been discussed to death in other threads =D

15. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

Yes, yes. A lot of demand, talk and wishful thinking.

Flaxative likes this.
  16. Stexe

It already has Card Draw though. The only thing it adds it less variance by letting you "draw 2; keep 1" (one of my favorite board game mechanisms).

Robauke likes this.
  17. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

Smashing Spin is too wimpy. It never sees in any use and will continue to do so unless it is buffed. No surprise too because 2 damage might not even get pass the armor. So how about 4 damage, that will be like mini berserk spin + unblockable + move 2, which is fair considering it is a racial skill card(only goes on racial skills).

18. Stexe

I saw some newbie using it the other day in Triple Duel. I think it was because he had nothing else. I would have at least made it ignore armor or something.

I assume you mention this because of our discussion about how Cautious Mobility is insane and other things like Smashing Spin is beyond silly?

19. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

I wouldn't mind having Short Perplexing Ray work like other step attacks: make the move, and then have the discard be blocked. If it was classified like step attacks, that would make elf wizards MUCH more viable with Maneuvers. Dynamics Staves plus a bunch of SPR? Ultra-movement whispers of death right there. That might even make me consider elf wizards. Probably not, but I would give it a lot of thought.

20. Lucky Dice

Lucky Dice Thaumaturge

Yes, buff my Electric Wizards more! MORE!

Speaking of magic, catch arrow should be 3+ instead of 4+. Right now the only reliable defense against magic, or at least semi-reliable, is Defender's Block. It's the only used block against anything, including wizzies. Bullseye Shield could halt them that much more.

Novice Electroporter would be that much more usable with Telekinesis and other arcane stuff.