[Poll] Alozyo's Arsenal November Community Choice

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Flaxative, Nov 2, 2015.

?

Which of the following items belongs in the game?

Poll closed Nov 9, 2015.
  1. Magic Elves's Pressing Problems

28 vote(s)
    26.9%
  2. Phantom_Sun's Barbaric Helmet

13 vote(s)
    12.5%
  3. Brobat's Main Gauche

8 vote(s)
    7.7%
  4. Lucky Dice's Hu La Houp's Vicious Circle

29 vote(s)
    27.9%
  5. j3st3r's Colichemarde

7 vote(s)
    6.7%
  6. Vakaz's Ranger's Hood

3 vote(s)
    2.9%
  7. Vholes's Matador's Cloth

3 vote(s)
    2.9%
  8. Hello World's Bouncer's Gloves

5 vote(s)
    4.8%
  9. Hidden Jaguar's Purificator

6 vote(s)
    5.8%
  10. Juxtapostion's Master's Rapier

2 vote(s)
    1.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Please select one item from the above poll choices. The item with the most votes will be added to the game alongside Killer74's Storge's Proboscis and ElMath's Scar of the Hero, around mid-November. Poll is open for 1 week.

If someone wants to post the items with their cards in this thread for easier reference, feel free. But you can also view everything on the list on the AA4 Review Page. :)

Feel free to discuss the merits of the submissions, and advocate for your favorite(s).

No news about AA5 at this time.

Enjoy!

Here's the winner announcement video, includes commentary on all the items in this poll:

Jezterscap, Brobat, Maniafig and 5 others like this.
  2. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

Bouncer's Gloves should be level 15.0 because Wimpy is rated E for warriors.

Stexe likes this.
  3. Lucky Dice

Lucky Dice Thaumaturge

I wish Smashing Spin wasn't Elf exclusive. It really makes little sense.

But other than that, I gotta say, some of the submissions were so good I couldn't force myself to vote for my own item.

4. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Indeed, good catch, though it doesn't change the item's token cost or how I evaluate it.

Right now it's a card that was designed for elves at some point, and is elf-only by fact rather than by any higher design choice. I wouldn't auto-DQ a non-elf item for using it, but I also am not in a hurry to put it on a non-elf item at this stage.

timeracers likes this.
  5. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

I am happy to say that there are no legendaries in the poll, but I will give a slight edge for rares or less rare items over epics. (for legendaries I am really harsh on them)
    EDIT: I really loved the Bouncer's Gloves which is an epic but I feel it easily surpasses others even with the slight edge that they get.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2015
  6. ClanCrusher

ClanCrusher Hydra

Putting my vote in for Viscous Circle. Why? Because I hate Invisibility, I hate invisible spiders, I hate invisible insects, and I hate those stupid grubs.

Sir Veza, Han Lee, Wandere and 4 others like this.
  7. Stexe

Stexe #2 in Spring PvP Season

Can someone put all the submission in a post? Would be easy to compare them that way.

Two or three are ones I'd vote for... do I go for the cool themed Matador or Hu La or do I go for the similar item to my suggestion the Purificator. OH THE DECISIONS!

Last edited: Nov 4, 2015
  8. Rohndil

Rohndil Hydra

Two beautifully themed items which I really liked made the list: Colichemarde and Main Gauche.
    I'd love to see both in the game, but having only one vote to cast I'll give it to Colichemarde. Nice idea, the cards fits perfectly and the name is a great choice. I feel items like this really add flavour to the game.

Ian, seth arue and Flaxative like this.
  9. Maniafig

Maniafig Thaumaturge

I'm voting for Hu La Houp's Vicious Circle just because I love the theme and idea behind it so much, and I am happy for Warriors to have access to some more Berserk Spins.

But most of all I just like to imagine warriors viciously hoola-hooping enemies to death in a mad frenzy.

ParodyKnaveBob and Lucky Dice like this.
  10. Dieben

Dieben Lizardman Shopkeeper

Dieben has set up shop in the polling district.
    "Today we're having a special on pitchforks! Buy one and get a sturdy throwing brick, free!"

11. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

What does your brand of sturdy throwing brick do? (what cards does it have?)

Ian and seth arue like this.
  12. Rohndil

Rohndil Hydra

Here you go! Cards only, forgive the random order.
    Random trivia: you can only put 50 images in each post.

j3st3r's Colichemarde

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Magic Elves's Pressing Problems

Lucky Dice's Hu La Houp's Vicious Circle

Hello World's Bouncer's Gloves

Phantom_Sun's Barbaric Helmet
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Brobat's Main Gauche
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Vakaz's Ranger's Hood
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Vholes's Matador's Cloth
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Hidden Jaguar's Purificator

Juxtapostion's Master's Rapier

13. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

In case there is any confusion, I will state the rarities of the items in the shortlist.
    Pressing Problems: Epic
    Barbaric Helmet: Uncommon
    Main Gauche: Epic
    Hu La Houp's Vicious Circle: Epic
    Colichemarde: Common
    Ranger's Hood: Rare
    Matador's Cloth: Rare
    Bouncer's Gloves: Epic
    Purificator: Rare
    Master's Rapier: Rare

14. I like how there's a ton of finesse weapons (and 'shields') in this AA, i'm a bigger fan of rapiers and duelist equipment in games of which there are plenty in this short list. There aren't too many of those right now in the game that are worth running (Except perhaps Excellent Rapier and Laser Rapier, though I ran Rapier Of Rage for a good while in beta for the spinning goodness.

Taking this chance to congratulate the winner btw. I can never have too much Avenging Touch

Magic Elves and Flaxative like this.
  15. Magic Elves

Magic Elves Thaumaturge

According to the video's highlighting of the item name in purple (and Vakaz's item creator), Pressing Problems is Epic.

16. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

@Flaxative
    What is the rule on this? I believe they should be rare.

17. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

....one of these days....I'll learn how to build stuff, haha.

....anyway, I won't be voting, as I don't have any affection/use for any of these items. However, I will sell my vote for the right price, and provide you some top-secret information from a Nigerian prince I just obtained. PM me for details.

Sir Veza likes this.
  18. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

Maybe they used Vakaz item creator.

19. Vholes

Vholes Thaumaturge

A fun group, I haven't decided. Bouncer's Gloves and Pressing Problems are probably what I'd enjoy playing most, plus I'm a sucker for cute names.

I mean, uh, vote for Matador's Cloth and I'll put a skirt steak in every pot.

20. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Pressing Problems is epic because it has 4x of a card, which increases rarity by 1.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.