Aloyzo's Arsenal Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Flaxative, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Whew! Picked a tentative shortlist of items NOT in the same item slot as the tentative winner =)

Once Jon approves the list I'll do the video with @CT5 and open up the poll.

There will be a new format this time around, fwiw.

The video will open with the winning item. CT5 and I will discuss its merits briefly. Then we will move onto the 10 items from which the community will be choosing in the poll for the community-selected winner, discussing why they're on the list & basically providing a bit of a voting guide. The video will not contain feedback on bad submissions.

Think you'll miss 'official' feedback?

In order to make folks who don't get mentioned in videos feel less left out, and also to reduce the difficult of recording videos, I will be giving feedback in a different form: editing one-line comments into submission posts themselves. This has a couple upsides.

1. I get to comment on your items and you can't respond!
    2. Anyone browsing old submission threads can see dev feedback right on the items!
    3. Short-form feedback means I limit how responsible I feel to give in-depth analysis of submissions ;)

Expect the vid soon hopefully

p.s. I reserve the right not to comment on a submission if I'm too tired/can't be bothered/whatever. :)

Last edited: Nov 2, 2015
    Mama Mia, 40c_rudy, CT5 and 17 others like this.
  2. Lucky Dice

Lucky Dice Thaumaturge

No fair Flax, why don't you want a friendly banter? :c

Also:

I don't think this is the best way, to open with a winner. It sort of kills the pure joy and excitement of getting to know the winner.

3. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

I don't have time and I hate all of you very personally.

Magic Elves, Jarmo, Mama Mia and 22 others like this.
  4. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

I can understand that, as well as why, but Jon & Farbs can phrase it way better. Thanks for sharing! :)

Mama Mia, CT5, BlackVoidDeath and 3 others like this.
  5. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

Actually, I think this is the way to do it, because it provides momentum for the 'players' choice/community choice' poll. You get discussion on why the items you are choosing from ARE the items you are choosing from. That's more valuable than elongated talk on the winner.

In any case, it's a video that doesn't have to be done, or could just be a picture of each item for 5 seconds and that's that. Let's stop biting the hand that is feeding us in relation to the ability to create items, and be happy with what we have.

6. seth arue

seth arue Thaumaturge

This needed said at the end of the previous AA, too...

7. Wildarm

Wildarm Ogre

Sounds great Flax! Can't wait to see what is chosen this month. Many cool items to pick from!

timeracers likes this.
  8. Founder

Founder Hydra

This seems like an eminently sensible way to do things. I'm looking forward to it. Thanks, Flax!

9. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Mama Mia, CT5, Maniafig and 7 others like this.
  10. Lucky Dice

Lucky Dice Thaumaturge

...Okay, in order to theme as much as I can with my item submission...

[​IMG]

GOAL=ACHIEVED

Free energy drinks for everybody tomorrow!

And also, congratulations to the winner, probably one of the most useful items from Aloyzo's at the moment. And good luck to the other 9 people there!

for those who don't get it: the guy in the glasses is called Crazy Loop

I think it's worth mentioning he was delivering Pizza in the music video the gif is from, therefore THEMED

11. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

Congratulations @ElMath and everyone on the AA #4 shortlist! :) Lots of good items this round, so I have hard time choosing what to vote. :)

12. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

Congrats to @ElMath , I think the win was well deserved.
    This is important: Flaxative, if your (or CT5's) mac wants to update Flux then Flax needs to update the Flux.

Lucky Dice likes this.
  13. Vholes

Vholes Thaumaturge

Shouldn't the video title be Flax Flux Flix?

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  14. mikey76500

mikey76500 Hydra

@Flaxative: You could save yourself all the editing if you simply load up a text document, type the name of the user and their item on a line, and then, state the reasoning.

i.e. Happenstance's Curse Of Cardhuntria: lolololololololol, but, seriously, none of these cards were in the game.

Once you have everybody, just Copypaste it into the final AA #4 post.

.....you're welcome. :p

15. BlackVoidDeath

No, Flax Flix Fulx

16. Nice item. I like it

timeracers likes this.
  17. Mama Mia

Mama Mia Hydra

Am I the only one who freaked out when Flax had that pop-up? For a second there, I thought Flax's cursor in the video was mine. Did I mention that pop-up?! Thought someone hacked my computer or something! :oops::confused:

seth arue and Flaxative like this.
  18. BlackVoidDeath

I am also wondering how @Flaxative is planning to make the scar item model - what, a flexing arm with a gash? :p

Stexe likes this.
  19. Dieben

Dieben Lizardman Shopkeeper

A jagged zigzagging scar, kind of like a lightning bolt.

Han Lee and Flaxative like this.
  20. Stexe

Stexe #2 in Spring PvP Season

Considering how unholy it is, I'd think a piece of torn flesh with a tattoo on it would be best. Flesh colored Paper Crown with an unholy mark on it. Boom, done.

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.