Missing info in logs

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Kalin, Oct 24, 2015.

1. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Last night I did a CoC run, and I kept the logs so I could reconstruct the decks for the non-legendary chars.

So today I'm working on that, searching the file for "drew" and I found this bit.
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=COC Shallow Node,Room=COFC (Kalin),RoomID=99590,Msg=The active player is now Kalin
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=COC Shallow Node,Room=COFC (Kalin),RoomID=99590,Player=Kalin,Participant=Kalin,Actor=Khazklad,Event=Move,Origin=(2, 5),StartFacing=(0, -1),Destination=(2, 6),EndFacing=(0, 1)
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=COC Shallow Node,Room=COFC (Kalin),RoomID=99590,Msg=Participant Kalin must select targets
    BATTLE LOG: Player=Kalin,Scenario=COC Shallow Node,Room=COFC (Kalin),RoomID=99590,Event=PlayAction,Action=Laser Thrust,Instigator=Khazklad,Targets=Ugnughh
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=COC Shallow Node,Room=COFC (Kalin),RoomID=99590,Msg=Kalin drew a card for COC PC16
    BATTLE LOG: Player=Kalin,Scenario=COC Shallow Node,Room=COFC (Kalin),RoomID=99590,Event=TriggerSucceed,Trigger=Impaler,TriggeringActor=Khazklad,AffectedActors=,TriggerType=Action,TriggerLocation=ActorAttachment
    BATTLE LOG: Player=Kalin,Scenario=COC Shallow Node,Room=COFC (Kalin),RoomID=99590,Event=TriggerSucceed,Trigger=,TriggeringActor=Ugnughh,AffectedActors=Ugnughh,TriggerType=Action,TriggerLocation=Hand
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=COC Shallow Node,Room=COFC (Kalin),RoomID=99590,Msg=Ugnughh, health = 15 (pi:1, gi:2, ai:0) blocks Laser Thrust
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=COC Shallow Node,Room=COFC (Kalin),RoomID=99590,Msg=Laser Thrust was cancelled.
    BATTLE LOG: Player=Kalin,Scenario=COC Shallow Node,Room=COFC (Kalin),RoomID=99590,Event=TriggerSucceed,Trigger=,TriggeringActor=Ugnughh,AffectedActors=,TriggerType=PreDamage,TriggerLocation=Hand
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=COC Shallow Node,Room=COFC (Kalin),RoomID=99590,Msg=Ugnughh took 0 damage
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=COC Shallow Node,Room=COFC (Kalin),RoomID=99590,Group=Orcs,Event=Discard,Card=Jarring Block
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=COC Shallow Node,Room=COFC (Kalin),RoomID=99590,Msg=The active player is now Gary
    This happened last night, so I can't provide a screenshot or even remember what happened. But from what the logs are saying it sounds like:
    Khazklad (COC PC16) played Laser Thrust
    Khazklad moved
    Khazklad targets Ugnughh (Orcs)
    Khazklad draws a secret card???
    Impaler triggers
    Something in the Orcs' hand triggers
    Laser Thrust is blocked
    Something in the Orcs' hand triggers
    Ugnughh takes 0 damage
    Ugnughh discards Jarring Block
    I'm guessing the orc had Thickened Mail in hand and that absorbed the damage from Jarring Block. But the logs should still say what card is being triggered when the trigger happens.

And what the heck is up with that mystery card draw???

I actually had two copies of COC PC16 in this fight, and it was the other one who had Martyr Blessing attached, but I don't see how that could have triggered here. And it still should have told me what card was drawn.

EDIT: Saw a few more mystery cards in the logs, always connected to the playing of a laser card. So times like the above meant that I drew a Laser Malfunction. You also get mystery draws when Laser Block succeeds or you play Push The Button or Pull The Trigger.

Could we please name these cards in the logs? Also, they shouldn't say "drew"; instead say that "{card name} put in the hand of {group name}".

Last edited: Oct 24, 2015
  2. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

Was thickened mail or jarring block revealed in the orc's hand ? If so and the log doesn't capture...its a bug. If not, its WAI. The F1 console log is strictly for dev debugging purposes and it has to mirror the player's game state which is the state before the player sees the card drawn. So anytime there are missing cards in the F1 log, its capturing the trigger/draws wrt to the player pov.

For recreating npc decks, I'd suggest using the in-game log instead. Hope it helps.

3. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

If it wasn't revealed before, it would have been revealed at the same time the log entry was made. AFAIK, Massive Chop is the only card that stays hidden after being triggered.

And all those laser cards were being drawn by me, not my opponent.