Show us your party!

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Farbs, Jan 4, 2013.

1. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

Congratulations. You won the beta. I always knew you had it in you.

And however sarcastic that may sound, you really do deserve credit for being so thorough and persistent as to clobber everything (available). Now, of course, for pizza.

. . . I played too many TMNT games as a kid. Pizza is forever warped.

2. Jesus669

Jesus669 Orc Soldier

I didn't know there was such a limited set of magic. I'm now /sad.

3. skip_intro

skip_intro Ogre

Your story is fantastic, much better written and evocative than mine. I hope to read more of your adventures!

4. mightymushroom

mightymushroom Goblin Champion

Thank you! :D

I said that because your story reads as a meditation on one moment in time. Mine is more like an excerpt from some historical saga, where the author throws in all sorts of details to show off his research. It's a different method and I don't know that one is more evocative than the other.

5. Xemu

Xemu Kobold

Early stage party. Spent most of my actual attempts failing at the stupid Lair of the Trog Wizard. :) I did finally save up enough for some non-horrible armor, for one character, but the rest of my gear is .... not so good.

Oakfist
    Level 3 Dwarf Warrior

Xae
    Level 3 Elf Wizard

Aura
    Level 2 Human Priest

6. TheRev

TheRev Orc Soldier

7. Kaerius

Kaerius Orc Soldier

Also ice. The magical damage types are fire, acid, ice, arcane and lightning, wizards can also do piercing damage(with path of knives) and blunt damage(various bludgeon/bash cards on staves). Oh yeah and holy/unholy count as magical damage types too, but those are reserved for priests.

8. Jesus669

Jesus669 Orc Soldier

Ah good. I just hope there is enough of all the types of magic to have a well rounded class.

9. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

Also Sonic, with Thunderblast. And there's Psychic, too.

But then I haven't seen Psychic on any "magic spells," and Sonic is ALSO on War Cry, which isn't really a "spell" . . . and, going the other way, Fiery Stab does some Burning damage, so it's kinda blurry to call things "magical damage types."

And then there's Poison.

10. Kaerius

Kaerius Orc Soldier

Btw fire/ice comboes together extremely well. Snares(encumber)+lava. Especially on big lumbering 2x2 enemies with walk movement. My wizard currently has a couple of ice based staves and 4 items with 2 firewalls each... ;)

11. Jesus669

Jesus669 Orc Soldier

I was hoping for half a dozen or more spells of each type. It shouldn't be too hard with how many cards the devs said there was. Guess we just need to find them all?

12. Kaerius

Kaerius Orc Soldier

Pretty sure there is, with the possible exception of acid(I can think of only 3 that I've seen there, not counting one that seems to be AI-only). And sonic of course(one spell).
    Oh and I remembered there's magical spells that deal blunt damage too, like rockfall. ;)

13. Jesus669

Jesus669 Orc Soldier

Yay, looks like I can indeed play the mages I am looking for.

14. GiftsUngiven

GiftsUngiven Kobold

My party currently:

Bjorn Ragnar
    Level 15 Human Warrior

Tillamook Tinsley
    Level 15 Human Priest

Bombur
    Level 15 Dwarf Warrior

No stinkin weezards here! Has been a little tough during matches with strong ranged enemies (5 archers) or uber buffed melee enemies but overall I've been extremely happy with how strong the party feels!

EDIT: I thought it might help to explain my choice a little further.... My priest is now heavily using Altruism / Inspiration to provide more damage to the warriors but at the lower levels I chose War / War / Priest because of the card "Misguided Heal" and its effectiveness in this kind of build (For those who haven't tried it, does 2 damage and heals 4 but the damage can be prevented by armor..... Great for healing armored warriors, wasting blocks on fully healded characters, or sniping off enemies with no cards and 1-2 health). This was far and away my one of my favorite cards for levels 2-10 due to its efficiency and versatility. Having 2 warriors is nice because the one who draws the armor can lead the charge and the priest can focus the heals there.

15. Dorque

Dorque Orc Soldier

16. Peseto

Peseto Mushroom Warrior

I call this deck the real bash brothers: It is an infinite combo draw deck that uses two priests with martyrs blessing and path of knifes, and then lets them bash each other forever while drawing cards and inspiring the mage to load up on attack cards. After a bit of fiddling i managed to win in MP games in the first round. :) But it takes a long time and your biggest enemey is the clock.

Barrel
    Level 1 Dwarf Priest

Herring
    Level 1 Dwarf Priest

Pickle
    Level 1 Dwarf Wizard

Scyrax likes this.
  17. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

I'm confused why don't they die?

18. Peseto

Peseto Mushroom Warrior

Holy Armor mainly but also the few heals (and these can trigger Altruism). Basically with the combo you turn a bash into a draw 2(one due to melee damage and one for movement/path of knives) and heal two for all (on average due to holy armor). Also all cards in the clerics decks are either moves, traits, draws attacks or heals.

19. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

Still seams wonky to me but its so hard to say just looking over the items

20. Peseto

Peseto Mushroom Warrior

dont worry i tried it out plenty of times now and once you know what you are doing it's pretty consistent. Not always a first turn win, but if you are on a map that doesn't split your characters up on spawn it usually works out. I can show you in game if you want.