New CH webpage, Sorcererers 'hub' - feedback encouraged

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Flaxative, Oct 8, 2015.

1. Xayrn

Xayrn Hydra

There doesn't seem to be a link to the new hub page from http://sorcererers.dotq.org/ anywhere, and there totally should be, because it's awesome. I'd even consider replacing the current homepage altogether and working the bits of relevant guild info in the "Hello!" box into the hub page itself.

2. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

No links because it's not ready yet :p

timeracers likes this.
  3. Druidmask

Druidmask Mushroom Warrior

Considering all the work you put into the site, would anyone really complain if you got a bit of ad money from it?

4. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

I would, as I have an ethical stance against advertisement. Don't ask me about it :)

5. Can you tell us about it?

Inkfingers likes this.
  6. Vholes

Vholes Thaumaturge

He'll tell you... for just $499 in six easy payments!

7. Han Lee

Han Lee Guild Leader

Brought to you by Flax seed laxatives.

/jingle/ Poop with a toot! /jingle/

8. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Have you thought about including the "time until the next move" on the LF tile?

9. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Yes. It will be mildly annoying but I'm starting to think it'll be useful...

Inkfingers likes this.
  10. ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob Thaumaturge

If not a "time until the next move," then perhaps a slightly more static "time (and date) of next move"; local should work fine, but ppl can figure out UTC even if they've never heard of it thanks to fellow Card Hunters -- and Google.

11. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

I put hours:minutes till next move: http://sorcererers.dotq.org/hub.php It's static right now, I may add countdown. I should also put something for shop/adventure reset probably.

Sir Veza and ParodyKnaveBob like this.
  12. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Now have hours:minutes:seconds till next move, counting down every second. If it goes negative—signifying that the fairy has moved—it should automatically refresh the page. Makes me want to improve the fairy tracker to auto-clear on move...

Next on my list:
    • add similar countdown for league schedule
    • new tile with ticking UTC clock and note that the server resets at 0 utc, with a couple words about adventure & shop refreshes

Sir Veza, ParodyKnaveBob and Scarponi like this.
  13. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

More changes...
    • LF current location adventure name styled to be obnoxious in a different way
    • If a league is open for entries, it is styled similarly to LF current location adventure name
    • Colons in countdowns (e.g. for LF, leagues) now blink on the second, hopefully not too obnoxiously
    • Removed seconds from league countdowns, as I thought them a bit extraneous
    • Page now auto-refreshes if a league counts down to 0 (and entries open)

I'm spending way too much time on this. >_>

14. Obernoob

Obernoob Hydra

The link to the Vibrant Pain seems to be broken. May be it is because of the small p? Not sure.

15. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

Fixed, but you are right the wiki redirects it if you enter the wrong case.

16. Obernoob

Obernoob Hydra

That was rapid feedback, thanks. :)

17. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

I don't know rather I check for new posts more often than I view a new post excluding the posts I view from the first check of the day. I solved it, I check more often.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2015
  18. Obernoob

Obernoob Hydra

It is broken again.

19. Inkfingers

Inkfingers Thaumaturge

I'm not seeing any issue with the site. What's happening on your end?

20. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

You could just use the link. Also Han Lee is in charge of that from Tuesday to Saturdays(UTC).