[Poll] Alozyo's Arsenal October Community Choice

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Flaxative, Oct 6, 2015.

?

Which of the following items deserves to be in the game?

Poll closed Oct 12, 2015.
  1. killer74's Storge's Proboscis

20 vote(s)
    27.4%
  2. Punf's Trained Panicking

10 vote(s)
    13.7%
  3. Frostguard's Dog's Dodgers

4 vote(s)
    5.5%
  4. Hidden Jaguar's Druidic Barkskin

6 vote(s)
    8.2%
  5. Whammo's Battleaxe of the Berserker

9 vote(s)
    12.3%
  6. Magic Elves's Melvelous's Magnificent Magical Medallion

6 vote(s)
    8.2%
  7. Vholes's Ziggurat Spike

4 vote(s)
    5.5%
  8. Xayrn's Reinforced Doris (moved to Dwarf Skill)

4 vote(s)
    5.5%
  9. Wandere's Cumbrous Spear

5 vote(s)
    6.8%
  10. Haesslicherbob's The Avenger

5 vote(s)
    6.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MeevarTheMighty

MeevarTheMighty Orc Soldier

I really like Punf's Trained Panicking and Xayrn's Reinforced Doris has a lot of potential, either as a dwarf skill (Doorf) or with maybe Spin Around instead of one of the Immovables, since doris are for spinning in and that's also kind of what doors do. Not sure why that wasn't the submission, but also not sure whether Spin Around is enough of a move card that it would qualify as a boot. It would be a pretty good boot.

I voted for Vholes' Ziggurat Spike. I think the monster card has a lot of utility and using the top of a ziggurat as a shield just seems like a flawless idea.

Flaxative and Vholes like this.
  2. ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob Thaumaturge

Ah, okay. Shambling Bash (despite my memory incorrectly associating its card art with an Ooze I'd fought) is on a renamed Kobold type (which, yeah, I'm new enough to have never seen the "Kobold Avenger," and I'd forgotten it carries the out-of-place-looking card, both being problems I could've fixed if I'd gone shuffling through the wiki like I did just now). Got it, thank you @Inkfingers, @Flaxative, and especially @Sir Veza for helping to solve this mystery.

http://wiki.cardhuntria.com/wiki/Kobold_Lunger - "deleted ... without leaving a redirect"
    http://wiki.cardhuntria.com/wiki/Kobold_Avenger - "In-game Name: Kobold Lunger"
    $F^ }

I'd suggest a different name for the item, but I know it can be fun to throw a little bone to the old-timers now and then. $:^ b

3. If that bashy goodness item got into Cardhuntria, I would definitelly be building warriors with multiples of those, which is why I would regret there not being a crafting system in CH

Because I couldn't assemble The Avengers

CT5, Stexe, Inkfingers and 6 others like this.
  4. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

I'm tied for third....although I don't know how I should feel about my post apparently being my best submission for these contests.

Inkfingers, Han Lee and Sir Veza like this.
  5. Stexe

Stexe #2 in Spring PvP Season

I'm not a fan of killer74's Storge's Proboscis. It makes priests feel really different with an item that encourages hitting from behind. It is decent, just feels a bit off to me.

I really like Punf's Trained Panicking. It isn't really competitively viable but is still fun and a decent item for humans to use if they want to risk it. Although the theme doesn't fit perfectly as Human Servant has Cowardly over Fumble.

Wocket likes this.
  6. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Nope they have fumble I'm pretty sure... They got changed and the wiki never updated.

ParodyKnaveBob and Stexe like this.
  7. Stexe

Stexe #2 in Spring PvP Season

Ah, if that's the case then I love the item even more. Maybe we should ping someone to check and update the Wiki.

EDIT: Just checked and it is indeed Fumble. Then the item works perfectly! We just need to update the Wiki.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2015
    ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  8. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Many monster decks are different than shown in the wiki. Is there a game file that lists them? I've looked a bit, but haven't found one.

timeracers and Stexe like this.
  9. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Each deck is its own file. I don't recall if they're publicly viewable. But I think Kalin or BVD or someone had a custom scenario that allows you to quickly see a monster's deck.

timeracers likes this.
  10. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

That's news to me; I thought there was just a single MonsterDecks file. (I did know that the decks were stored separately from the rest of the monster stats.)

They aren't.

http://forums.cardhunter.com/threads/utility-kalins-amazing-new-and-improved-deck-extractor.6544/

Stexe likes this.
  11. Xayrn

Xayrn Hydra

Do I have to do all my own plugs? :rolleyes: http://forums.cardhunter.com/threads/creature-deck-viewer.7092/

And also you should totally make the deck files publicly viewable.

Stexe, Sir Veza and CT5 like this.
  12. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Yes, obviously.

CT5, Stexe, Xayrn and 1 other person like this.
  13. Xayrn

Xayrn Hydra

Haha, I responded so quickly to the alert that I didn't even notice what thread it was from.

14. Aerendhil

Aerendhil Ogre

I'm voting Probosis, cause i've been so p... off at the lack of wings in "wicked waterways"

15. Aerendhil

Aerendhil Ogre

replace Meltdown by Raging strike; more thematic :)

16. Juxtapostion

Juxtapostion Hydra

I don't know I think meltdown brings it to a nice close. The item is perfect! AA 4 submission please!

17. Dieben

Dieben Lizardman Shopkeeper

I considered Raging Strike, decided that the others fit better with a classical "angry mob" theme.

I imagined meltdown as the mob burning a building/vehicle.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2015
  18. Juxtapostion

Juxtapostion Hydra

Oh I took the whole item as the emotional journey through internet expression of hostility and frustration. Meltdown- In the end. Everything I said. Doesn't matter. Alone. So alone. Crying....

Last edited: Oct 9, 2015
  19. Dieben

Dieben Lizardman Shopkeeper

It was admittedly inspired by both uninhibited internet vitriol and real world rioting. I sincerely wish to see that item in play someday.

20. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

@Killer74's Storge Proboscis will be the bonus item. I will add it to the game alongside AA4 and MM11 next month. Thanks for voting everyone. Hope this helped. We can keep talking in the discussion thread, but, for now, this thread has served its purpose and I will be closing it.

CT5, Vakaz, Inkfingers and 1 other person like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.