[Poll] Alozyo's Arsenal October Community Choice

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Flaxative, Oct 6, 2015.

?

Which of the following items deserves to be in the game?

Poll closed Oct 12, 2015.
  1. killer74's Storge's Proboscis

20 vote(s)
    27.4%
  2. Punf's Trained Panicking

10 vote(s)
    13.7%
  3. Frostguard's Dog's Dodgers

4 vote(s)
    5.5%
  4. Hidden Jaguar's Druidic Barkskin

6 vote(s)
    8.2%
  5. Whammo's Battleaxe of the Berserker

9 vote(s)
    12.3%
  6. Magic Elves's Melvelous's Magnificent Magical Medallion

6 vote(s)
    8.2%
  7. Vholes's Ziggurat Spike

4 vote(s)
    5.5%
  8. Xayrn's Reinforced Doris (moved to Dwarf Skill)

4 vote(s)
    5.5%
  9. Wandere's Cumbrous Spear

5 vote(s)
    6.8%
  10. Haesslicherbob's The Avenger

5 vote(s)
    6.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Please select one item from the above poll choices. The item with the most votes will be added to the game at some point in the next month. Refer to the AA3 submissions thread for item designs. Feel free to discuss the entries, but don't defend or explain your own. Pandawan has posted all the item designs below (third post of this page).

#

Some people are really mad that one of the winning items this month defied a guideline. I think the response is greatly overstated but it's not like I cherish angering folks. I think some of the disappointment is reasonable, and I want to mend this bridge. So, the Tasty, Tasty Staff will be a bonus, and not occupy a winning item slot—there will be five other winners. What's more, the fifth winner will be picked by the community from my shortlist.

In future months, I will explicitly reserve the right to publish whatever good designs I want, so long as the guaranteed winning item slots are filled by submissions that meet all the explicit guidelines. I also may do community polling again in the future.

The item selected in this poll will not go out with the Halloween stuff—it's too late at this point. It might not make it into the game before November. That's just how it goes. I'm doing my best here, and I hope this helps.

This poll is open for 7 days. If it ends with a tie, I will pick the winning item.

@Killer74's Storge Proboscis wins, and will be added to the game alongside the AA4 winner(s).

Last edited: Oct 12, 2015
  2. Han Lee

Han Lee Guild Leader

Thanks for working so hard Flax! :) Don't be disheartened by all the negativity that's circulating right now! The community poll idea is pretty sweet.

On another note, I think storge proboscis would be a great addition because I need to use more major token options for my vampire :)

Last edited: Oct 6, 2015
  3. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

Poll choice list

killer74's Storge's Proboscis (Divine Weapon)
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Punf's Trained Panicking (Human Skill)
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Frostguard's Dog's Dodgers (Boots)
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Hidden Jaguar's Druidic Barkskin (Divine Armor)
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Whammo's Battleaxe of the Berserker (Weapon)
    Magic Elves's Melvelous's Magnificent Magical Medallion (Arcane Item)
    [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG]
    Vholes's Ziggurat Spike (Shield)
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Xayrn's Reinforced Doris (moved to Dwarf Skill)
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Wandere's Cumbrous Spear (Weapon)
    [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Haesslicherbob's The Avenger (Weapon)

4. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

I vote to leave things as is, if that's an option. If not, please disregard this message, and I will abstain from voting.

5. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

If you get more likes than the top poll choice, I will leave things as is.

ParodyKnaveBob and gulo gulo like this.
  6. Pawndawan

Flaxative and gulo gulo like this.
  7. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

I will change quality and rarity as necessary. Vote on the merits of the card selection, item slot, item name, and theme (or based on what you want to see in the game); I'll handle the rest.

Pawndawan likes this.
  8. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

Fair enough; please don't think I was trying to throw a wrench into the mix or anything. I just felt the best decision, regardless of someone's thoughts on the competition, would be to move forward and wait for the next one.

(for the record, I liked your post, as I cannot like my own, along with liking the actual post. But my vote does not need to count toward the tabulation.)

Melancthon and Flaxative like this.
  9. Pawndawan

I will admit that item rarity plays a small role in my decision. So maybe other people will find the following item rarity list helpful:

Legendary:
    • Melvelous's Magnificent Magical Medallion
    • The Avenger

Epic:

• Battleaxe of the Berserker
    • Ziggurat Spike (will be Legendary, if Hemorrhage is bumped to rare)

Rare:
    • Storge's Proboscis (will be Epic, if Sneaky Bloodsuck is bumped to rare)
    • Dog's Dodgers

Uncommon:
    -

Common:
    • Trained Panicking (will be Rare at most, depending on Raise the Alarm's rarity)
    • Druidic Barkskin (will be Rare at most, depending on Solid Wood's rarity)
    • Reinforced Doris (will be Rare at most, depending on Solid Wood's rarity)
    • Cumbrous Spear (will be Rare at most, depending on Reactive Trip's rarity)

Robauke, Killer74 and timeracers like this.
  10. SceoMyntan

SceoMyntan Fire Demon

I looked it up since I didn't get the name, and apparently there are shoes called Dori shoes. I think @Xayrn might be referring to them in the plural? So the name might not work for a skill.

Flaxative likes this.
  11. Steinhauser

Steinhauser Lizardman Priest

Reinforced Dorf

12. billiska

billiska Ogre

I'll just say that if Storge's Proboscis is picked, wicked waterways league will never be the same again.

Does not imply anything about my choice.

13. Dieben

Dieben Lizardman Shopkeeper

Begins selling pitchforks and torches to disgruntled voters.

Pitchfork of Violent Protest
    Level 3 Rare
    Tokenless Divine Weapon

Indulge in the mass hysteria by giving into mob mentality! Join the impending meltdown and gang up on the accused! Let them know your fury as you assault them with emotionally charged stabs over the internet! Riot in style with the Pitchfork of Violent Protest: the tool of choice for when they say, "you can't have it all!"

Ian, Inkfingers, Jarmo and 17 others like this.
  14. Wildarm

Wildarm Ogre

That league was exactly why I voted for it! My dual blackhammer wielding priest needs an upgrade.

15. Just to confirm if I'm reading into this right: To be an official winner of Aloyzo's Arsenal, your design must fit within the given rules, but particularly great designs that enter the contest can be added to the game as bonus winners at your discretion, whether or not they comply with the contest's rules?

16. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

In so many words, yes. I mean as the devs of the game we have the right to add whatever we want whenever we want. All I'm saying here is: I'm sorry about the expectation issue this month, and I will always make sure the designated winner slots each month go to designs that fully comply with the rules.

Ian, 3beaner, Juxtapostion and 4 others like this.
  17. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

Ian, Juxtapostion, CT5 and 5 others like this.
  18. DunDunDun

DunDunDun Thaumaturge

Not to stomp on your commendable effort to acknowledge and appropriately address confusion, but a single-choice poll sucks for this kind of thing :p
    For example, I've three items I'd like to see in game, and a fair number more I'd never play.
    Add in the inability to change your vote for an item that ends up being more competitive..
    ..it just makes our votes seem a lot less compelling.

Unless you intend to do a 'best of three' follow-up, a multi-choice poll would be preferable.
    Forums can't handle that?
    No problem.

Not that it seems like it'll matter in this particular circumstance, since there seems to be a rather curious favoritism toward the probiscus so far.
    I'd love to hear some input as to why that's a desirable item [in terms of build contemplations].

19. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

It is possible to allow multiple votes on xenforo. I chose not to. But hey: one of these will win. Given that, vote for the one you want to see in the game. *shrug*

20. Magic Elves

Magic Elves Thaumaturge

I'll be honest, you shouldn't pick mine. Only after I submitted it did I notice it's nearly identical to another legendary item of the same quality, with the only different being Teleport Other replacing TK. However, if you want to use your vote on making me richer, by all means, go ahead!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.