Mauve Manticore Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Custom Scenarios and Boards' started by Pengw1n, Nov 20, 2013.

1. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

2. Bluemage

Bluemage Hydra

I really liked the last mission on MM #7. That was fun and creative.

Flaxative likes this.
  3. DrayGon777

DrayGon777 Kobold

Hello. I just got into Card Hunter Recently, though I'd heard about it a while ago. I noticed the Muave Manticore scenarios not long after playing and thought they were really neat, though some seem a little too difficult, but I take that as a challenge to better my tactical skills. Anyways, I have an idea for my own scenario to attempt to submit. The problem is, that I'm not sure I can really create it without a slight modification to the decks that some of the characters have... and possibly health.

Here's the basic premise of my scenario. You are playing as a dragon that has found himself to have been captured and chained. One of your followers managed to survive the attack on your lair and has come to set you free. He found a secret entryway he thought was unguarded but ends up being spotted and setting off the alarm. Now the chained dragon is about to be assaulted and the follower has to run a gauntlet to get to you to free you so you can escape.

I've already got the map laid out, but there's a few things that are making it unworkable in how I see it. First, there isn't a 'chained dragon' deck, or rather a dragon with a deck that prevents movement and facing change for an indefinite period of time. I was also hoping to go with a kobold, lizardman, or some other reptilian character as the follower, but none of them seem to have Cleanse (what would get rid of the handicaps preventing movement), and their health seems to be a bit low for the gauntlet. Then again, I could just expand the map size so you can move through without being able to be attacked, but then that would make the scenario too easy, (or too hard if you can't deal with all the mercenaries fighting the dragon before they manage to get behind you).

Is there a way to request certain adjustments for the characters when I submit my scenario, or will I have to try something else that I can at least get working in-game first?

Sir Veza likes this.
  4. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Scenarios requiring new monsters aren't fitting MM submissions at the moment, sorry.

5. Assussanni

Assussanni Ogre

In the time since some of the earlier Mauve Manticore editions were released I believe both cards and monster decks have been rebalanced. This leads to some of the scenarios being much more difficult than they were originally. Mauve Manticore #3 Supplement is the one that sticks in my mind but there may well be others.

6. Inkfingers

Inkfingers Thaumaturge

@DrayGon777 - you could do what I did in my trapped dragon scenario - make the map so that there are no valid 2x2 spaces within 4 moves of the dragon. You can have, for example, a ring of impassible around the dragon, a ring of open around that, and a ring of blocking or impassible around that.

That said, if you want the dragon to actually start to move around, you might be in trouble.

7. Fry

Fry Ogre

A hacky way you could get around this would be to have the scenario play out over two maps. The first map is the follower working his way up to where he can set the dragon free (1 VP required, enemies aren't worth VP, victory area is one square where the follower is unlocking the dragon). The second map starts with you in control of the dragon, doing the rampaging.

Sir Veza likes this.
  8. Xayrn

Xayrn Hydra

This will work to keep both the Viridian and Alabaster dragons locked-up; the Yellow Dragon has Rockfall, which will eventually allow him to escape.
    DragonCage.jpg
    If you want the dragon to be in danger, consider using Greenfang and putting a few ranged enemies outside of his 5-square acid range.

Fry and Kalin like this.
  9. DrayGon777

DrayGon777 Kobold

That's perfect! Thanks for the advice. Just will need to find what ranged attackers there are with relatively low damage to give time for the follower to make their way in and free him.

@Assussanni Yeah, that's makes sense. No wonder the earlier ones are a bit rough. I hope I CAN complete them cause I hate to leave things unfinished. Still, the one with the dogs looks almost impossible to do. I managed to complete the first map, but the second with the sprites seems out of the scope of my capabilities. :(

Xayrn likes this.
  10. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Perhaps @Flaxative will allow the authors to submit updates to restore the original difficulty levels.

11. Fry

Fry Ogre

It's still possible to complete all of the MMs (I did all of them a few weeks ago), but yeah, some of them are rough (the one with all the dogs, in particular)

12. eldecrok

eldecrok Kobold

Are Mauve Manticores with Quick Draw Components alright?

13. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Yep.

Maniafig likes this.
  14. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

If you want help with you maps, post them as a separate thread first.

15. Quirijn

Quirijn Kobold

Hey BlackVoidDeath,

Thanks for the comments. I do realise that. I didn't mean it as a 'post whatever you think about this scenario in this post' post. Was merely trying to state that if anyone has anything to say about it they are welcome to do so. I did playtest them as stated and they work well. Ill edit the post after this reply. My apologisch if it offended you.

Regards

Quirijn

16. BlackVoidDeath

It didnt offend me, its just that we are "not allowed" to post feedback in the submission thread, so I suggested that you make a separate thread to let players give you feedback.

17. Quirijn

Quirijn Kobold

Seriously?? In the same threat I posted mine ?

18. Inkfingers

Inkfingers Thaumaturge

Heh, I think you've been got, BVD - bit of the pot calling the kettle black, it seems :D

Flaxative likes this.
  19. BlackVoidDeath

I dont understand the problem? Can someone clarify how "i'v been got"? :confused:

20. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

I think bvd's request for feedback was just copy pasted from the thread about the scenario...

BlackVoidDeath and Inkfingers like this.