Shoot first. Dream Burfft setup.

Discussion in 'Deck Building' started by Jezterscap, Sep 24, 2015.

1. Jezterscap

Jezterscap Lizardman Priest

On the back of a 10 win streak I thought I would share my kill or be killed burst buff build.
    It has been a work in progress for many months and now I think it is close to perfection.

[SRC] Decoy
    Level 1 Human Priest

[SRC] 9Lives
    Level 1 Dwarf Wizard

[SRC] SideKick
    Level 1 Dwarf Wizard

With the current meta heavily consisting of elf warriors, no amount of tele/gust seems to be enough to keep them from getting up in your grill. So to plan B, kill them before they reach you.
    While arcane burst , fireball and flash of agony seem straight forward to include , it really comes down to arcane item choices.
    Basically we want low damage tech skills that get amazing value from the buffs.
    e.g cone of cold deals 1 damage and encumber 2. Pretty situational and not widely used or considered to be good.
    Giving that cone of cold unholy wellspring and savage curse turns it into a monster 8 damage ,6 range cone attack that has a really useful ability.
    This also applies to force cannon , penertrating zap and dissolve armor.

Robe of lightness - best robe hands down for any build.
    Raging battler - best cycling dwarf skill.
    Elecroporter novice - best arcane skill, hard to block is a must. Have considered focused electromancy.
    Ulalias boots - flank moves are a must. Have considered mouse boots(swapping with mage skill token)
    Phantom pain - because not all games are against warriors.

Sir Veza, idontexist and CT5 like this.
  2. Lucky Dice

Lucky Dice Thaumaturge

This build makes me want change 3x Parry to 3x Auto-block all of a sudden.

Jezterscap and seth arue like this.
  3. Han Lee

Han Lee Guild Leader

@Nictus already has ;)

4. Vakaz

Vakaz Guild Leader

Interesting, this is probably the closest I've seen anyone come to the PoF burst build Darial and I use. Very similar arcane item choices in particular, although we definitely do it a little differently :)

Have you tried Blessed Radcannon yet? It lets your priest join in the fun :p

5. Darial Storm

Darial Storm Orc Soldier

Yup. Quite close. ;)

6. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

I know I played a game against Darial where his wizard cast 5 Flash of Agony to little effect before getting killed, so I'm guessing 2x Searing Pain? ;)

ParodyKnaveBob and CT5 like this.
  7. Pyrogoth

Pyrogoth Mushroom Warrior

When you come close to the top, you start to see a lot of searing pain and some blue destruction. There also may be some radiation bomb sooner or later.
    I also though about using Automatic Shield, but damn is it expensive !
    I really can't play it over the Aegis.

8. Jezterscap

Jezterscap Lizardman Priest

Im still undecided between mouse boots or ulalia boots. (swapping electroporter novice for focused electromancy)
    The arcane aura lets you hit the magic 13 damage burst , so 2 hitting an elf warrior , human priest and dwarf wiz.

what do you guys think?

9. Led

Led Orc Soldier

Similar to my build but I use 4x searing pain and 6x asmonds telekinetic chain. I also on the wiz have 2x force fields each from boots and chest and that helps a lot if you save them till needed. My priest has 2x radcannon and that is amazing and 3x skull ijinn. I use frog shield now as that slays warriors when you savage curse them. What I find the most important thing is telekinesis. You can play it with savage curse and not loose a card and focus on grouping foes goes together so the burst hits multiple more often,

ParodyKnaveBob and Jezterscap like this.
  10. CT5

CT5 Guild Leader

I really enjoyed Focused Electromancy + Ulalia's Boots, but I also used different staves (Blue Destruction + Deadly Deadly). I was going to say Searing Pain doesn't synergize as well with Focused Electromancy, but Flash of Agony is also arcane.... Hmm.

I think I'd go with Ulalia's... extra damage is always nice, especially against Reliable Mail!

11. Led

Led Orc Soldier

I might try the ulalias but I not really a fan of a card you need to hold in hand that is discarded if you are hit or discarded if you also play savage curse. That's where force field is so good you play force field before you attack so that way you are still protected when you savage curse your hand down to nothing

12. Obernoob

Obernoob Hydra

2x2 Searing Pains, the full amount of Skull of Savage Iljins and a lot of the good cycling / control arcane items.

13. Well, i don't have any phantom pains, so i replaced them with blood lockets, ant so far, it's working fine.