What do you want to know more about?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Jon, Aug 17, 2011.

?

What part of the game do you want to know more about?

1. The card/board battles.

83 vote(s)
    30.4%
  2. Adventuring and character growth.

144 vote(s)
    52.7%
  3. The art style and direction.

35 vote(s)
    12.8%
  4. Game technology and programming.

49 vote(s)
    17.9%
  5. Multi-player.

89 vote(s)
    32.6%
  6. The Card Hunter world and characters.

74 vote(s)
    27.1%
  7. Deck building.

90 vote(s)
    33.0%
  8. Competitive multi-player.

59 vote(s)
    21.6%
  9. Something else (post in the thread with details).

13 vote(s)
    4.8%
  10. The monsters!

65 vote(s)
    23.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

So far we've had a few developer diaries focussing on some of the core battle mechanics. There's tons more there to talk about and I have no shortage of ideas for diaries. However, I'd like to get some thoughts from you guys about what you'd like to see us talk about in the future. I can't guarantee that we will be able to meet your requests, but please put them on the table for us to consider!

I'll try to create a poll for this (my first one). Hope it works!

Feel free to mark multiple choices. It doesn't look like you can add your own choices, so if there's something missing just post in the thread instead of using the poll.

2. Bryan

Bryan Kobold

I would have to say I am most interested in multiplayer. I have a group of friends already interested in starting up a group for weekly dungeon crawls.

3. Strumiker

Strumiker Mushroom Warrior

My votes are for Multiplayer - mainly Co-op as I have -1.5% interest in anything competitive. I'd also like to see more about your art process and maybe even some music if that's applicable at this point. And monsters since I don't think we've really seen any particular example of one all fleshed out!

Thanks for asking!! :D

Harandir and XelaXero like this.
  4. skip_intro

skip_intro Ogre

Adventuring / World & Characters / Deck Building for me, please.

Harandir likes this.
  5. Rising Zan

Rising Zan Mushroom Warrior

It's got to be leveling up for me, Evolution and growing is key to any Role-Playing game in my opinion.

Twilight Sparkle likes this.
  6. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

I want you to share with the group whatever makes you feel good to share. It's all about you, here at Shady Acres Home for the Criminally Insane Computer Programmer.

secran likes this.
  7. Aeryon

Aeryon Kobold

I am interested in the co-op aspect of multiplayer and keeping my fingers crossed for a hotseat mode (two or more players on one machine)!

8. Higginjoe

Higginjoe Kobold

If my votes indicate anything, I'm interested in learning about the battles, character growth, the world and its characters, deck building, and the monsters.

Just tell me everything I'll need to know to play, and I'll be a satisfied gamer. Oh, and class information plz?

9. SurgeonFish

SurgeonFish Automaton Moderator Staff Member

Thine vote has been cast!

10. Jon

Thanks for all the feedback. It looks like people mostly want to hear more about the battles as well as character growth and deck building. It'll be hard to talk in too much detail about the latter stuff, since it's what we're designing and working on at the moment, but I'll find a way to get some information out.

11. skip_intro

skip_intro Ogre

Thanks, Jon, appreciate the effort you're putting in to give us feedback.

12. Benhell

Benhell Kobold

Id like to hear more about co-op/multi.
    Also more race/class info.

Bryan likes this.
  13. Kvothe_Rocks!

Kvothe_Rocks! Kobold

I am very interested in the Card Hunter world and Characters aspect. I think for a new fantasy realm to become well established and fun it needs to be rich in lore even if that is just at the modular level. And the artwork seems to be tying in well with the fantasy theme.

Harandir likes this.
  14. FreakGlista

FreakGlista Kobold

I realy want to know all about Deck building, I think this will be the most important feature of the game from my point of view.

15. Hopibear

Hopibear Mushroom Warrior

Hehe been back from vacation.
    Saw the other dev diaries awesome!

Thanks Jon for asking us what we like to know more!

16. secran

secran Mushroom Warrior

Adventuring & Character growth / World and characters.

Card games with level up mechanics (FMA:TCG, .Hack//enemy, Z-G) are fascinating to me. And as a writer, I love me some world-fluff.

Also, as others have said, thank you Jon for 1) even giving us any info & 2) giving us a choice in the matter.

Harandir likes this.
  17. A Bear

A Bear Goblin Champion

Details on co-op and multiplayer play, please! Running around in a dungeon is always more fun with people by your side.

18. Cordalinge

Cordalinge Mushroom Warrior

Same here..détails on coop multiplayer...and also the mechanics to allow adventuring on coop with unknown people...

19. Higginjoe

Higginjoe Kobold

You know, I really appreciate it when a dev comes into the forums, asks people what we want to know, and then tells us as much as they can about what we want to know about most. Heck, it's even just awesome when somebody from high-up on the team comes down to talk to the lowly fans to keep us informed. You guys at Blue Manchu (especially you, Jon) are awesome.

ChadTheRad, Jon and breakfish like this.
  20. Jon

Thanks man. It's a real pleasure interacting with this community already.

I haven't looked at this poll for a while but it looks like there's been an upswing of interest in the story and characters. I'm going to try to get Kevin ("Piratecat") to write something about what he's been doing on that front soon.

ChadTheRad likes this.