Rate my Randimar's Rarities

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Will-, Sep 22, 2013.

1. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

Yeah, I agree with j3st3ri / peonprop, save your gold, especially if you plan to stay with the game in the long run. If you absolutely have to buy something, I'd get Hawkwind's Moccasins. Pergop's Slippers are nice too, but Zachary's Boots are fine and cheaper substitute. Don't even think about getting others on that list.

Bleneth's Frenzy Tome should be your first pick. I've looted Painful Flashstaff and think it's a good upgrade from Staff Of Pain, but I'm not sure I'd spend 2.5k gold on that. As Sir Veza pointed out Staff Of The Misanthrope is quite easy to loot in SP, since there are only two level 3 legendary items.

Grats on the Searing Pain! :) I wouldn't bother with Axe Of The Titans. If I wanted to play with O. Chops I'd want Bloodchopper. Forrtescue's Feathered Cap is IMHO the best Sprint, Team! helmet, so I would get that.

Heartripper is fun, unique and in right situations powerfull staff. I'd buy up to two of those. Staff Of Embers is fine burst staff, but I usually want Searing Pain for burfft and Staff Of A Million Embers / Barnum's Staff for Instant Burn wizard.

I don't have that much experience with Accelerate Time, but Reality Warper looks the strongest AT item on paper to me. Captain Cedric's Boots would be my second pick. Lash and Helm both have a fun mix of cards, but I wouldn't spend gold on them.

I have Darkforce Nunchaku #2 and Perrio's Kinetic Robes #2 in my RR this week. I think I'll get Jedi robes and will consider the Nunchaku, if someone can point me to a fun / good build with them.

2. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

3. Vakaz

Vakaz Guild Leader

Unless you have 3 pairs of mocs, buy them. These are easily the best boots in the game since the team run > team walk nerf. There are other decent boots if you can spare a token, but these things are pure badass for their price.

They're basically the official boots of Power of Fires :D

Sir Veza likes this.
  4. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

I've started using it more in SP, when Firestorm isn't working well and I don't have a major for Searing Pain (also good against monkeys). Not a must buy, but still a good staff if you have extra money.

Best Sprint, Team! helmet if you want such a thing, but you'll get a chance to buy the holiday version in a couple months if you want to pass on it now. Same advice applies to Perrio's Kinetic Robes.

I've got over 10K gold right now (the most I've had since I cleared out the holiday shops last year), but all the good stuff in Randi is stuff I already have one of (Bleneth's Frenzy Tome, Mordecai's Staff Of Magma, Quellic's Boots). I may just hoard my gold so I can clear the shops again (if I ever want max usable holiday items, I can't afford to not buy a Pumpkin Bomb every year).

Sir Veza and Pawndawan like this.
  5. Fry

Fry Ogre

Good point on Painful Flashstaff, I already have two Staff of Pain and they're basically the same item. Also good callout on Clovidian's Mail, as I have a few copies each of the three other armors you mentioned. I do play a LOT of Elf Warrior, so it'd be nice to occasionally get a free heal when I flip past the Strips with Maneuvers, but it's probably not a good expenditure of funds.

Went ahead and bought the Argo's Boots, and then noticed I somehow already have TWO copies of Kelharin's Clogs. D'oh!

Aside: people have been mentioning holiday shops. Are the prices the same for the holiday items as regular items?

Last edited: Sep 20, 2015
  6. medetec

medetec Kobold

Well, Randimar is trying to sell me some right garbage this week. The only real tempting options are a Firehide Robes (bought it already) and a second Nimbus Blade. The blade worth picking up? I haven't really started on nimbus strats yet, but assuming I wanted to is that the go to weapon?

All of the legendary items are bad, but I had to bring up The Hackmaster. I'm still pretty new but does a single power attack warrant a major and minor token increase in cost over The Strongarm that I already have? Doesn't seem like it should.

7. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Yes, and the holiday shop stocks exactly 1 of each item including treasures (no price markup on treasures), but won't restock until next year.
    Halloween items
    Winter items

8. Fry

Fry Ogre

What's worth saving up for in the holiday shops?

9. Pawndawan

Thanks for the info, @Kalin! :)

From Halloween Store I'd say Black Cat Buckler (Parrying Buckler) is the only "must" buy. I use Vankenstein’s Staff (Staff Of Peril) occasionally in SP. Werewolf Boots (Garalem’s Boots) are good tokenless 2x Flanking Move boots, but there are cheaper and situationally better alternatives.

From Holiday Store I'd get Party Leader Hat (Forrtescue's Feathered Cap) for sure and Holy Knight Armor (Untouchable Plate) & Antler Shield (Shield Of The Frog) if you're into those sort of things.

And being a half-dragon, I'd stock up every treasure I see.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2015
  10. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

I only got two last year and every time I SP by myself I equip 2 BCB and a feel bad having to find PB because I dont have 3 BCB, thats going to change soon :)
    Exactly what I was thinking ;)

11. Melancthon

Melancthon Ogre

What's the thinking on Wenham's Leather Coif? I have the epic Sprint, Team helms, as well as Fortescue's and Zero G Combat Helm, but this seems significantly better than the other minor-token alternatives. Worth the money?

12. Accent

Accent Hydra

13. My personal preference so far would be to run a pair of Duality Mace instead. Same number of nimbuses, weaker as a weapon, but they're major/minor instead of double major, meaning that I can also run an Aegis Of The Defender for 2x Defender's Block and a Perfect Command for the Dash/Run Team. If I want more nimbuses, I can add a Shielding Token -- two nimbus for one minor.

That's for ranked games where my priest is mostly supporting two warriors who split the "kill things" role -- in SP, my priest's major tokens see more varied uses. If you're crazy and doing solo runs, OTOH, your priest needs some attack power, too...

If you really wanted to maximize nimbus, though, three Shielding Tokens will give you six for three minors -- and you could pair this with two of either Duality Mace or Nimbus Blade for a total of ten nimbuses, leaving you with one token remaining. You'd probably want Ritual Straps for a single Purging Burst. :confused: You wouldn't have much in the way of Mass Frenzy, Savage Curse, Purge, any card draw, whatever -- but you could certainly annoy your opponent if he didn't bring a fair bit of purge, and/or a way to separate your other characters from your priest(s) so that the target is now out of nimbus range or line of sight.

For major-minor, Double-Edged Sword tends to be favored.

14. medetec

medetec Kobold

Hmm, guess I'll hold off on the second Nimbus Blade, its mostly for experiments anyways. I like having at least one spare token for aegis of the defender myself, so yeah cant imagine I'd run two now that you mention it.

I do run a major-minor weapon on my warrior (I run a 1-1-1 cause fun, i guess?) and it is a Double-Edged Sword. Maybe if The Hackmaster was a double minor it could be an awesome Infused Greatclub slashing style sidegrade but stealing a major as well for a single card over The Strongarm? bleh, not for me.

15. slowreflex

slowreflex Goblin Champion

16. j3st3ri

j3st3ri Thaumaturge

1) I don't own any Mordecai's Staff Of Magma, even though I've had many chances to buy it; I don't like enough Volcano to use such a staff. Many would argue though, that it's one of the best staves in the game.

2) Troll's Ire I've liked enough to buy 2 of them and never regretted it.

3)
    Mind you that these are my opinions as a single player.

slowreflex likes this.
  17. medetec

medetec Kobold

I bought a Mordecai's when it was on the daily deal a bit ago, I like it a lot for single player farming, if you do any of that. I'd get a second myself, just because I do enjoy some laid back low stress farming on occasion. Rather than a second Mordecai's (which I don't have) I'm currently using a Staff Of Blazing Sparks as a gateway drug, you could try one of those and see if you like the extra volcano setup.

Depends on how much you like SP / how much loose change you have I'd say. Or if you're doing a dedicated Volcano build for MP, but if you were doing that you probably wouldn't be asking if you should buy it.

slowreflex likes this.
  18. Obernoob

Obernoob Hydra

The Magma Staff is one of the best items for high level sp farming. There are levels which take way too much time without it.
    Troll's Ire is great for some leagues and some SP builds.
    The Flashstaff seems ok, but is not really unique, so I would not purchase it.

slowreflex likes this.
  19. Pawndawan

Nothing spectacular in RR this week, but couple of interesting items, I might pick up.

20. Fry

Fry Ogre