Rate my Randimar's Rarities

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Will-, Sep 22, 2013.

1. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

I think we all can agree that generally (majortoken)(majortoken) item is better than (majortoken)(minortoken) item is better than (minortoken)(minortoken) item is better than (minortoken) item is better than tokenless item.
    Also, Amethyst > Emerald > Gold > Silver > Bronze > Paper > Black

Han Lee likes this.
  2. Han Lee

Han Lee Guild Leader

Unless we're talking about oversized pick of course @Punf

3. Obernoob

Obernoob Hydra

I dont agree. :p The best items are the ones which have undervalued cards on them, like Skull Of Savage Iljin with Savage Curse or Hawkwind's Moccasins with Dangerous Maneuver. Dangerous Maneuver is way better than Run. Not to speak of Blind Rage...
    And I have to disagree with your chain in the last part. I think Strongarm and Blazing Shortsword are superior to the minor token items.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2015
  4. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

Nice cherry picking, you've just won the Internet.

I was just trying to point out that, it shouldn't be surprising that (majortoken)(majortoken) weapon has generally stronger cards than (majortoken)(minortoken) weapon and comparing gold card with a silver one is usually pointless.

5. Obernoob

Obernoob Hydra

Yeah, will you print it for me?

Additionally you can let the warrior, which just attacked you, let turn his back to you to get a free attack.

Ector likes this.
  6. UiA

UiA Ogre

I was going to say, with all the back and forth about disorienting block and wizards.. in my experience the majority of time it really shines when repositioning opposing melee char to bypass blocks or reach more vulnerable char

7. Mr. Magnifico

Mr. Magnifico Thaumaturge

8. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Mr. Magnifico likes this.
  9. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

It's the only way to get any laser card without spending a (majortoken).

Mr. Magnifico likes this.
  10. Ector

Ector Hydra

You're absolutely right, though exceptions do exist. But we all have to compare that (majortoken)(majortoken) weapon + that (minortoken)armor to this (majortoken)(minortoken)weapon + this (majortoken)armor, for instance. So it's important to know how much do we lose from downgrading the weapon.
    I wanted to say that the token color generally means much less than an extra token (though warriors need the yellow tokens more than the other classes). We have only 8 tokens to distribute, and most of the time at least 4-5 are spent on the weapons. The difference between Laser Rapier and Slice And Dice is large enough to be justified only if you absolutely need to spend that yellow token elsewhere (i.e. on The Softener).

Personally I am going to try both my Laser Rapiers with Bloodshield Of Xoc to get three Disorienting Blocks on one character without losing the damage output or mobility. Just realized that Boots Of Etzicatl can add a lot of fun, as Disorienting Block may setup the charge for you :) I will definitely try all this on a map with the long narrow corridors some day...

11. Punf

Punf Lizardman Priest

I agree, it's unfair to compare mere silvers like Elven Trickery with power golds like Scamper.

12. Well, I picked up a Laser Rapier randomly a day or two ago, so the discussion about whether it's good or not is now moot to my deciding of to buy or not to buy :p I'll pick up Forrtescue if I don't get it as a loot drop tomorrow.

Ector likes this.
  13. kvaak

kvaak Kobold

5k gold isn't a lot but I don't have a lot of legendaries either since I started only recently.

Absolem's Leather Shoes

This looks fairly decent for the dickish wizard. Shame I'm not currently running any and don't plan to any time soon. Possibly (probably) at some point though.

Glasod's Dark Skull

Same as above except for vampires. Uses a minor token but vampires usually don't lack those.

Hawkwind's Moccasins

This is probably the biggest question mark since I'm currently running two dwarf warriors in ranked. Mobility is by far my biggest problem and these seem to offer a decent amount of it without costing a token. Escaping run gives a card draw which is nice if I want smashy stuff instead of more mobility.

E: For comparison I'm currently using Lewin's Boots and Sky Traveler's Boots. The latter is probably less than optimal but it has decent potential for hilarity.

Terminator Mask

While pseudomartyr is definitely nifty I'm not really convinced this thing is worth a major token.

Rest of the legendaries/epics I don't have: Bloodchopper, Czint's Buckler, Elemer's Pine Staff, Pergop's Slippers, Sabo's Mirror, Spatiomancer's Sidearm, Blessed Radcannon, Eixtl's Winged Mail, Foley's Footwear, Pirate's Rapier, Sergeant's Helm.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2015
  14. Fry

Fry Ogre

15. Han Lee

Han Lee Guild Leader

Is it worth buying a staff of the misanthrope? It never seems viable to run a tokenless staff in mp...

16. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

It is worth farming, but probably not buying. There aren't many legendaries at that level, and if you spend 10 to 15 minutes a day running the low levels there is a good chance you will have one or more in a couple of weeks. I don't know if it's viable at high level, but I had fun with it in MP (on certain maps) with highly mobile wizards (move buffs on elves or humans) and a buff priest. Of course, that was more than a year ago.
    Edit: You're absolutely right about kitchens.

17. j3st3ri

j3st3ri Thaumaturge

I am too lazy to write myself and saw not long time ago Peonprop giving quite a good advice:
    Especially the Epics mentioned are must-haves, no matter if you play SP or MP.

18. j3st3ri

j3st3ri Thaumaturge

19. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

20. karadoc

karadoc Hydra

Based on the posts so far, Randimar will be rolling in gold this week. There's a lot of good items for sale. The items available to me are no exception. Here's what I like the look of this week:
    LoPiccolo's Lash
    Reality Warper
    Zero G Combat Helm
    Captain Cedric's Boots

I already have a reality warper, but I'm thinking of buying another one, because I've been using accelerate time a lot recently.

I probably won't buy the lash - because laser whip is pretty weak for a green card. But if I did want to use laser whip, then I'd be liking that item. :)