Mauve Manticore #9

Discussion in 'Adventure Discussion and Strategy' started by Happenstance, Sep 17, 2015.

1. Stexe

Stexe #2 in Spring PvP Season

Ah. It has be a long time. I always thought the first time you won an adventure you got a Gold chest for the last level.

2. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

It used to be gold but no guaranteed rare. Now it's a different chest icon, but the drops haven't changed.

Stexe likes this.
  3. Fry

Fry Ogre

Third map was remarkably unfun considering you get to control three guys with huge attacks. Second map seemed fine. First map was rough, until I figured out/remembered that the grubs don't have much in the way of moves, so you can run circles around them, and for some reason the eggs don't hang onto their armor from round to round, so lava and laser beacons still work on them.

If I was going to try to "fix" the third map, I think I would try to make the path slightly less congested by the giant zombie spawn circle in the upper left, so my fighters could more effectively clobber those zombies while crawling through.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2015
  4. Stexe

Mine held onto their armor the entire time. It isn't just big attacks the people have in the third map (Mom's Warriors), they also have insane armor and blocks -- which makes the whole thing possible. I really enjoyed it minus the respawning Giant Skeletons.

5. PurpleRed

PurpleRed Orc Soldier

What what? This sounds interesting, care to elaborate any?

6. Stexe

CoC.

7. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

There're already significant spoilers scattered around the forums. I'll probably do a news post about it soon.

Pawndawan and Maniafig like this.
  8. haho

haho Orc Soldier

'invisibility' sucks. they can't see you, yet somehow keep moving in whatever direction you move to. i could not move at all, and they still move toward me. i could rocket dash across the other side of the board, and they still *know* where i am, and start moving there. i could see if maybe you attacked something they would be aware of your general direction, but to make a beeline directly to your location otherwise isn't really invisibility

9. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Like this?
    Caverns of Chaos,COFC,adventure,Caverns of Chaos,,,,21,0,noQuests lootAnyLevel noLootFairy noRetry noRetries ,Caverns of Chaos,"The ground has opened up near Woodhome. Chaotic energies swirl forth. Rumor has it that this is the entrance to the legendary Realm of Entropy, home of Chaos itself! Legends emerge about the Crown of Chaos, and legendary wealth awaits any who can find it. Brave the caverns and claim the treasures of entropy, but be warned: those who meet defeat within the caverns are forcefully ejected!<br /><br /><i>The first seven battles award a rare or better item. The last three award an epic or better item. If you lose, you will have to restart from the beginning.</i>",420,1571,FLAKTEST,,,2,2,Crown of Chaos,,,,,,,,COC Entrance,COC Shallow Node,COC Shallow Node,COC Shallow Node,COC Shallow Node,COC Shallow Node,COC Shallow Node,COC Deep Node,COC Deep Node,COC Throne Room,,,,,,,,,,

10. Fry

Fry Ogre

Right, holding on to ridiculous armor and blocks was how I got through too, it was just dreadfully boring and often a lot of discarding of great attacks.

11. Stexe

The thing is that you have to use pre-existing characters. And having amazing attacks does help cut down a lot of people. I do wish it wasn't skeletons as their Only Bones is pretty annoying -- would be more fun to chop them down constantly instead of avoid them half the time.

12. Fry

Fry Ogre

I understand you have to use pre-existing characters, that's a nonsequitur.

13. Stexe

Not really. If he designed a certain map or experience first and then found characters to fit it then it would be important to know.

What would you change to improve it? Just saying why you dislike it doesn't help much if you can't articulate what to do to improve upon it.

14. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

You only have to fight one skeleton...

15. Fry

Fry Ogre

Stexe likes this.
  16. Stexe

One group of them. They constantly will be hitting you while you're trying to squeeze through.

Gotcha. I must have missed that. Yeah, that could help a bit. You're often using chop attacks for single targets due to that.

17. Fry

Fry Ogre

That, and also I had a lot of inconvenient turns where I couldn't stab anyone with the spear guy.

18. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

If you fight more than one skeleton you're doing it wrong. =)

19. Stexe

Do you mean the Giant Skeletons? There are smaller skeletons too. Plus, I didn't get a Teleport Other until the last turn or two and had to save it to get to the boss.

20. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

I mean armored skeletons. You're in no rush and the giants can't get through the stairwell so you can imprison them at any point. Of the armored skeletons you only need to fight one (maaaaybe two if you're not fast enough). And you don't need teleport other to kill the boss unless you let your stabber die.

Xayrn likes this.