Devs: Any chance of some more Pizza?

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by Brian Leybourne, Jan 23, 2013.

1. MrMojoRisin

MrMojoRisin Goblin Champion

I think there should be a few things that you haven't already played to death by the time the game is officially released.

2. tangmcgame

tangmcgame Mushroom Warrior

That defeats the purpose of beta testing, though.

Dorque likes this.
  3. MrMojoRisin

Not really. I'm sure there is some content that they can test themselves without spoiling it for the public. Beta testing is to make sure the game itself is not broken.

4. tangmcgame

I disagree and will leave it at that.

5. MrMojoRisin

I just want to point out one more fact. If this was a game that everyone just paid a set amount to play, that would be one thing. But as beta testers, we are also going to be the most rabid consumers of this game, as well. What incentive will you have to pay to play any levels if you have already played them all in beta?

6. tangmcgame

Guaranteed good loot on the first play. An additional adventure per day that would (hopefully) be "grindable" for loot and experience. Maybe, just maybe, they'll be fun, too!

7. Brian Leybourne

Brian Leybourne Mushroom Warrior

I would like to get at the treasure hunts, I must admit. The starting pizza allowed me to unlock the first 2 I came across, but I haven't been able to unlock anymore of them, so I can't test them. I suspect most of us unlocked the very first 2 treasure hunts, so the later ones have probably only been accessed by devs.

8. tangmcgame

I actually (stupidly) unlocked some avatar options instead because, like, RP or whatever. Suckered by that silly entry I wrote for the contest. Oh, and now one of them is locked anyway (that is, not the girl dwarf I ordered) so it's even more wasted. But, yeah, I wish I'd ignored the cosmetic stuff in favor of more gameplay. My mistake.

9. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

For "more gameplay," I spent most of mine on a multiplayer pack. And then hardly found anyone to play in multiplayer, and then lost 2/3 of my games . . .

10. sephiroth38

sephiroth38 Mushroom Warrior

I've just bought 400 pizzas. The paypal sandbox is a little tricky but if you register as a new user (not the new account, the one that say "i want to do the purchase without subscribing)
    [​IMG]

after that it works, it opens a new window that closes soon after and then i went back in game and TADAHHH
    I already bought the skin for my chars :D

[​IMG]

ah, and by the way it's sandbox working i did not get charged for the purchase.

j-wiz likes this.
  11. GiftsUngiven

GiftsUngiven Kobold

Great call! I never noticed it was a paypal sandbox (sandbox is play money). I went through the same steps and it worked just fine. Maybe one of the dev's could confirm this is okay? I'd be happy to pay real money for beta + release pizza, but I'm also happy to pay fake money for beta pizza and real money for release pizza later!

12. sephiroth38

sephiroth38 Mushroom Warrior

Yeah me too, i was willing to pay for that pizza (that's why i choose 400 and not the bigger one as maybe it will be charged). But seeing sandbox paypal i was willing to give it a try but registering was tricky as it always lose "what are you purchasing?" in all the accept, go on, accept etc. etc.
    I just tried the "notsubscribe" account, the one to pay on the go and seeing it worked i was eager to tell you guys on the forum. I haven't thought that maybe it was not intended :D

If the devs could confirm that is ok it will be a great help in testing (expecially to unlock all the treasure hunt dungeons).

Glad i was helpful :D

edit: BTW i just unlocked a bunch of dungeons with pizzas and they are A W E S O M E.

13. skip_intro

skip_intro Ogre

14. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

If you want to use the sandbox, go for it! I'm going to hand out more pizza anyway.

15. Jesus669

Jesus669 Orc Soldier

Are you suppose to make up a bunch of info on sandbox paypal? The whole thing sounds horrible. Who makes a fake service for one used so widely every day everywhere. The internet scares the crap out of me...

16. SurgeonFish

SurgeonFish Automaton Moderator Staff Member

Its a test to ensure it works. Its what its designed for.

17. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

Yeah, we're not asking anyone to do this. I'll hand out a bunch more pizza to everyone now.

18. Jesus669

Jesus669 Orc Soldier

How about a beta invite too? ^.^

19. j-wiz

j-wiz Blue Manchu Staff Member

Ooh, you figured this out! I was wondering how long until someone would jump through the many many many hoops to set up a paypal sandbox buyer account to buy themselves pizza. I should go look at my sandbox PayPal store account that the beta is using and see how much fake money it has in it now!

I'm sure we'll actually ask for some brave people to test it once we've finished cleaning it up. It's (mostly) functional right now, but that last page before you go back to the game isn't pretty.

20. skip_intro

skip_intro Ogre

Not so many hoops to go through, actually! It's very easy in fact - it must be easy as I have done it. ;)